6.5/.264 suppressor

I have 3 DT cans and it's the only way to go on a bolt gun, I've never once had an issue with a can coming loose.
On a gas gun I could see the benefit of a QD mount

Yeah. It's a real bish to have reach up and check it once in a while..... And I just love cleaning carbon off of muzzle crowns and ports of brakemounts.....
I clean at shorter intervals when shooting suppressed anyway. So cleaning a brake when I'm already cleaning a rifle+can isn't a bother at all. Its the easiest part of that process. What does bother me is having a can with a habit of loosening on me. YMMV, but ive seen them loosen upx especially on skinnier contoured barrels which is why my opinion is the way it is.

I have 3 DT cans and it's the only way to go on a bolt gun, I've never once had an issue with a can coming loose.
On a gas gun I could see the benefit of a QD mount
Why do you feel DT cans are the only way to go? Are there other CONs to running a brake-mount I'm not thinking of? The only one that comes to mind is a little extra weight in some cases. Do you lose a baffle/suppression compared to the DT?

I'm not trying to prove that brake-mounts are superior lol. I'm just curious why you specifically prefer DT.

I went brake mount only because I shoot sometimes with no can. On dedicated hunters I think dt makes more sense as I've never hunted without the can. All this does make a guy ponder….

I clean at shorter intervals when shooting suppressed anyway. So cleaning a brake when I'm already cleaning a rifle+can isn't a bother at all. Its the easiest part of that process. What does bother me is having a can with a habit of loosening on me. YMMV, but ive seen them loosen upx especially on skinnier contoured barrels which is why my opinion is the way it is.

Why do you feel DT cans are the only way to go? Are there other CONs to running a brake-mount I'm not thinking of? The only one that comes to mind is a little extra weight in some cases. Do you lose a baffle/suppression compared to the DT?

I'm not trying to prove that brake-mounts are superior lol. I'm just curious why you specifically prefer DT.
Several reasons why I prefer DT on precision bolt guns.

1. You usually lose a baffle to make room for the blast chamber
2. It's another connection point to worry about, and more mechanical parts.
3. Length and weight

Again for a tactical setup where the can is coming on and off very frequently, or extreme rate of fire is the usual then QD is the way to go.