Most accurate non custom

Ik just finished working up hand loads for my nephew's Sako S20 in 300WM. It is a very accurate rifle with a soft, easily adjusted trigger and smooth bolt lift and slide. As pointed out, EuroOptic is having a sale on them for around $2k.
Loads for 300WM? Using "H-1000 @79.5 gr w/h 180 gr SPBT, LRP
LITTLE HOLES VERY LITTLE HOLES👍👍

The Factory Barrel Game®

Lottery Lotto GIF

I would have to say that either Winchester Model 70's or Kimber 8400 have always shot well under MoA for me with little effort. Cooper, at the top end are exceptionally great in the accuracy department.
Older Sako rifles are exceptional also.

Cheers.

Didn't read the 799 pages of what I bought works. What i did works, of course. But seriously... seekins has it dialed in. That's a 4 shot group at 680 yards with mine basically out of the box.

Attachments

• IMG_20191211_151823.jpg
    IMG_20191211_151823.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 60
Loads for 300WM? Using "H-1000 @79.5 gr w/h 180 gr SPBT, LRP
LITTLE HOLES VERY LITTLE HOLES👍👍
I couldn't get H1000 in the last 18 months, so I used H4831SC 70.0 gr, ELD-X 220 gr seated at -0.090"; CCI 250 primers.
He wanted loads for long range elk hunting, and dropped his cow elk at 508 yds in a cross wind of 10-15 mph. DRT

Just built a Tikka action with a Carbon 6 barrel in an MDT chassis. Crazy how accurate it was right from the get go. Kind of best of both worlds. Not super expensive, and mostly custom. I did end up with more than $2k in it, but you could easily keep it to $2K if you need to. That being said, I also have a stock Tikka 30-06 and stock Sako A7 that both shoot every bullet I put through them incredibly accurate. Both are just great, lightweight, inexpensive rifles. Browning X-bolt shoots great, as well. There are a lot of options out there these days that are super accurate right off the shelf. As others have said, the custom/semi-custom route is about making something that's really personalized for you. But you don't need to spend a lot of money for accuracy these days, particularly if you reload.

You didn't ask about a scope to keep you within the $2k budget, but my nephew's Sig Tenmile was right at $1000 and is very nice.
It is sharply focused to the edges and tracks well. It comes with an MOA or Mildot reticle.

Last edited:
Looking for first hand experiences. Don't have the funds for true custom but I've seen too many chime in on other threads about their non custom guns shooting amazing. Some of the brands I've seen thrown around are Sauer,Seekins,Fierce,even Tikka etc . My budget is in the 2k range without glass. I'm looking for a 7 mag or 300 mag. Anyway would love your advice based on experience.
Thanks!
I would take a serious look at Weatherby. I've loaded for nearly all of them and have yet to have a dud. If this is strictly a hunting rifle, you'll be very pleased.

Last edited:
Without reading through 13 pages I'll suggest a Cooper. They're going to be at the top or a little over your stated budget but all 5 I've had met the half minute guarantee with hand loads.

Looking for first hand experiences. Don't have the funds for true custom but I've seen too many chime in on other threads about their non custom guns shooting amazing. Some of the brands I've seen thrown around are Sauer,Seekins,Fierce,even Tikka etc . My budget is in the 2k range without glass. I'm looking for a 7 mag or 300 mag. Anyway would love your advice based on experience.
Thanks!
The Weatherbys don't disappoint. Made in the USA with good customer service. I won one in a raffle, 7mm-08 one of the most consistently accurate that I own. Best $100 raffle ticket I ever bought.

Without reading through 13 pages I'll suggest a Cooper. They're going to be at the top or a little over your stated budget but all 5 I've had met the half minute guarantee with hand loads.
What's Cooper going to be like now that have sold out to someone else? I have one too and it is the most accurate, solid, no-nonsense rifle that I own.

Recent Posts