Most accurate non custom

No doubt, but the PRC are the new generation of those classic cartridges. Look how far 6.5CM and 6.5 PRC have come in a fraction of that time. There will come a time when the popularity and demand for what is new and hot, and performing great in factory loads with push ammunition manufacturers to prioritize production of what the market wants. I think we will see more and more of the new and less of these aging cartridges. Its not a knock against them, its just the natural process. Firearms manufacturers are already doing exactly that, chambering new rifles in a more limited selection of popular calibers. If I was buying a factory rifle today, I would want to be on the leading edge of the new rather than the trailing edge of the old.
& the 6.5x55, 06' 7&8 Mauser, 270W have been around for 1-120 years….. add 308, available everywhere, Europe for 3, worldwide for all….,
I'll stay with the old school

Go Weatherby or Browning, don't look back, you will never be Sorry

Every X-Bolt I have ever owned would shoot tiny groups with a variety the factory ammo, if it didn't like a particular ammo, it was obvious

$800 Western Hunter X-Bolt Likes it

IMG_6085.jpeg

$800 Western Hunter X-Bolt Doesn't like it

Norma Whitetail 6.5 Creedmoor ammo, I fired 10rds using the barrel cooler between every other round, fire 2, cool for 8 minutes, fire 2 repeat.

IMG_8157.jpeg

Looking for first hand experiences. Don't have the funds for true custom but I've seen too many chime in on other threads about their non custom guns shooting amazing. Some of the brands I've seen thrown around are Sauer,Seekins,Fierce,even Tikka etc . My budget is in the 2k range without glass. I'm looking for a 7 mag or 300 mag. Anyway would love your advice based on experience.
Thanks!
Tikka or Sako

Looking for first hand experiences. Don't have the funds for true custom but I've seen too many chime in on other threads about their non custom guns shooting amazing. Some of the brands I've seen thrown around are Sauer,Seekins,Fierce,even Tikka etc . My budget is in the 2k range without glass. I'm looking for a 7 mag or 300 mag. Anyway would love your advice based on experience.
Thanks!
You will not regret a tikka and good glass spend the leftovers on a good hunt

You will not regret a tikka
Generally, I'd agree, but the OP is looking at 7mm RM or 300WM.

Tikka magazine length is limited to 3.35", and twist rates are 1/9.5 and 1/11 respectively.

The short magazine length and slower twist rates limit bullet selection in these two chamberings... Not a big deal if a guy is just shooting factory loads, but to a handloader interested in maximizing long range performance, these two factors are crippling

Don't get me wrong, I love Tikkas, but in my experience there are better platforms when it comes to true long action magnum cartridges.

Not Fierce , in the last month I'm on my second 7 saum fierce and the one I just got I'm sure it's going back for pressure issues .
I'll find out once I can get back out after fixing the broken extractor from severe pressure. Once I get that fixed I'll get out with my LabRadar and see what's going On.

Buy a Tikka and a good stock and a proof prefit and it will be a Super accurate with one of the nicest actions out there.
Seekins are super nice and I've never heard a bad thing about them I just don't like the plastic stock for that price range.

I've had 2 savages. They shot well but not great. 2 brownings that shot extremely well. At the end of the day I could never find a factory gun that had everything I wanted so I started semi custom ie tikka and a prefit. Now I'm having 700 fully blue printed and having my smith chamber barrels and what a difference that makes! For factory guns I would go seekins(fit and finish is better set up for the long range shooter in my eye.) browning xbolt hunter, tikka, Bergara, the bergars are nice but not a fan of the fit and finish alway felt like they should shoot better than they do.

I've been working up a Barnes TTSX load for my 7mm Rem Mag Sendero SFII. I had a brake added (thinking about changing that to a tuner brake) and I installed a Jewell trigger. I put a Nightforce NXS on it as well. I recently did a ladder test at 200 yards and I had one powder charge of 3 rounds group at 3/4" on the long side. I'm still testing but that was promising. I have never shot it at 1,000 yards but a friend, using Berger VLD's, has numerous times. He shot a hog at one of his deer feeders at a shade over 800 yards.

You can buy a new Savage Long Range Hunter in 300 PRC for $800 on Gunbroker. That 300 PRC model has Accurate - Mag bottom metal and magazine which are excellent, also a Savage muzzle brake and pic rail for your scope. If you don't like the Accu-stock, you can replace it with an H-S Precision for $400. If your barrel doesn't shoot as well as you'd like (sometimes Savage barrels can be hit-or-miss), you can get a high-quality replacement pre-fit in any virtually chambering you want for under $600.

I have all sorts of rifles, including one no-expense-spared full custom, but mainly shoot my Savages. Below is a 3 shot group at 100 yards from a used Savage 110 FCP .338 Lapua Magnum that I rebarreled and changed bolt head. H-S Precision stock, Accurate-Mag bottom metal and DBM, Bartlein barrel chambered in 28 Nosler. All-in $1600 excluding scope (prices in 2020, everything has gone up some).
28 nosler 3 shot group.jpg

Last edited: