most accurate rife

My latest project is a Rem. 700 5R milspec in 300 winmag. It has the 5R rifling barrel and the HS Prec. stock like on the sendero. You can find these in 308 and 300 winmag for about $1,000. So far it has been a shooter. I am still load developing with berger 210 and 190 and 200 accubonds, but everything I have shot has been sub-MOA. It is also very easy to clean. More imortant however is to do a lot of research and choose the rifle that will best suit your needs. Luckily there are a lot of rifles available in that price range that can really shoot.

SUB-moa? Ho-hum...my new Cooper Varminter shoots one-hole groups out of the box. Didn't say what cal. you need, but some shopping around might find one in what you're looking for for not much over your $ limit. They have a new model 54 that has a magazine.

Cooper makes good guns. Also you might be able to troll around and find a good used gun. I have two and happy that I have them.

As far as Weatherby Sub MOA. My buddy has a 300 in Weatherby. The target sent with the gun has a tiny little hole that supposedly represents the three shot group. I told him that it was total crap. Painfully obvious that the holes weren't made by a .308 caliber bullet.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.