Hammer bullets shoot!!!

I had higher hopes when I tried the 227gr 30cal hammer bullets. First thing I noticed is they are all close to 2gr heavier then stated weight. So I think at this point I am not going to try any more, not sure how many I have left in the box of 50. The 215 berger's are shooting better for me.

What load combo / speed in the 7WSm with 143 Hammer??
67.5 gr H4831sc 3215 fps at 35 degrees. When I shot last weekend it was 72 degrees but I left the Lab Radar at home and I had a tiny bit of pressure starting to show up so I am backing down to 67.1 but it was a fairly large node so my velocity shouldn't change.

I had higher hopes when I tried the 227gr 30cal hammer bullets. First thing I noticed is they are all close to 2gr heavier then stated weight. So I think at this point I am not going to try any more, not sure how many I have left in the box of 50. The 215 berger's are shooting better for me.
That doesn't sound right all of mine have been right on the money. I did notice good groups at .005 OTL and at .060 OTL but they opened up a little at other seating depths. I am talking from .3 MOA to .5 MOA so not significant.

I have some 275 Hammer hunters on there way to try in my 375 Ruger. The buffalo hunt I am going on requires a copper bullet. This will be the first copper bullet I have tried. Hoping it works well on my buffalo. I will post results once I have a load built

What load combo / speed in the 7WSm with 143 Hammer??

67.1-67.6gr RE23 all shoot 2" groups @ 400yds with the 143 HH in my 7WSM. I'm using Win cases and Fed 215M primers. Groups varied between 1.5" and 2.5" but seemed more dependent on my shooting on any given day then on the specific charge.

Most of our bullets run about 2g heavier than their namesake. A few little changes over the last few years added up to this. Figured it better to not change the name of the bullets.

Did you shoot them? If they are not working we will certainly replace them or refund you. It does neither of us any good to sell you bullets that don't work.

Website is back up and hopefully functioning correctly. We had some changes made in how the items are listed and adding samples.

Most of our bullets run about 2g heavier than their namesake. A few little changes over the last few years added up to this. Figured it better to not change the name of the bullets.

Seriously? You're saying that when the detailed descriptions plainly state, "bullet weight is xxx grains" that isn't necessarily true? Keeping a name is one thing but descriptions should be factual if you expect customers to trust you. I'm shocked!

Any other errors in the descriptions that were should know about?

I shot 7 of them. I don't see myself shooting anymore. The Berger's perform better for me. I don't have the money to buy more to try and come up with a load.

7??? Really. You shot seven rounds and you're claiming they don't shoot. How many rounds did it take you to get the Berger's shooting in your rifle? I have never done load development for any rifle in just 7 rounds OCW or Ladder. They are not a magical unicorn bullet they still require propper load development to get them to shoot in your rifle.

I shot 7 of them. I don't see myself shooting anymore. The Berger's perform better for me. I don't have the money to buy more to try and come up with a load.
Let me know what you would like to do and we will take care of you.

On a side note, what twist is the barrel you tried the 227g Hammer Hunters in?

So do you really proud of yourself. I'm not talking **** about you "deviant". I'm just saying they didn't shoot for. Excuse me for posting my results. I'm not asking for your help or your approval.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.