Hammer bullets shoot!!!

So what's the science behind these bullets not being sensitive to bullet seating depth?
Saying load them to mag length work up your powder charge to pressure backoff and shoot...sounds really nice. I've been trying for 2 months on working up a good load for the fed. edge 175gr its seems very sensitive to seating depth so far. I would be willing to give a little BC to have a bullet that easy and stabile.

So what's the science behind these bullets not being sensitive to bullet seating depth?
Saying load them to mag length work up your powder charge to pressure backoff and shoot...sounds really nice. I've been trying for 2 months on working up a good load for the fed. edge 175gr its seems very sensitive to seating depth so far. I would be willing to give a little BC to have a bullet that easy and stabile.
I wish I could say that when we designed we were so smart that we knew our design would be so forgiving. It was a happy bonus that we are very thankful for!

The best I can come up with is that the radius design of our drive bands is very finite in the amount of bullet that engages the grooves. It serves the purpose that we designed it for so that we can seal the bore, loose our tight, without losing accuracy in loose bores or over pressure in tight bores. My best scientific analysis is that the light engagement of the outside dia of the bullet works like a shock absorber giving clean consistent exit from the barrel. That and holding 2 ten thousandths tolerance doesn't hurt.

What would you recommend for a CA Ridgeline 300wsm 10T mag length 2.895?
Would the 181be good or should I try the 174gr for more case capacity? Looking for as close to 1000yds as I can get.

The 181g Hammer Hunter will do better for bc. The 174g Hammer Hunter will be easier to fit in the short mag. We have been able to load the 181g in factory mags with 4831sc at 3000 fps. This will give you about 800y hunting vel depending on your altitude.

I actually hit just over 3400 in my 7ws with the 143's (24" bbl), but it was really hot so backed it down to 3250 ish for my accurate load-- same speed in my 7rm for my accurate load
I've got the 143's doing just over 3500 fps in my 7 STW and the 177's doing 3100 fps. I could probably push the 143's over 3600 fps, but the load at 3500 fps is so accurate and has single digit ES. I use RL26 with both bullets

I've got the 143's doing just over 3500 fps in my 7 STW and the 177's doing 3100 fps. I could probably push the 143's over 3600 fps, but the load at 3500 fps is so accurate and has single digit ES. I use RL26 with both bullets
I'm getting 3100+ with sub .5" groups in my standard 280 Rem with RL26 and 143 Hammers! Awesome Combination!

What are your barrel specs?
I'm working on an accuracy load with the 143 grain HH bullet in a 28 Nosler.

5C5252E2-E699-4D9F-995E-2EEBDE29AB17.jpeg B1476E69-CCA8-48DF-A3F8-5A9F9CBBD371.jpeg
What are your barrel specs?
I'm working on an accuracy load with the 143 grain HH bullet in a 28 Nosler.
26" + brake, 1:8 twist, Carbon Six featherlight barrel contour

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts