Hammer bullets shoot!!!

Ordered my first Hammers, a box of 100 143gr Hammer Hunters!

I'll be loading them up for my 7mm WSM for elk and whitetail.
1-9", 27" barrel.

I know R26 might get the most velocity, but I think I'll start with something more temp stable.

1-9", 27" barrel.

I know R26 might get the most velocity, but I think I'll start with something more temp stable.
RL26 is plenty stable as long as work ups are done under 85-90 degrees.....I'm working them up in South Texas and if it can be done here, it can be done anywhere!

1-9", 27" barrel.

In 24" barrel they gave me 3,325fps with 68gr RL 26 if it help any.

1-9", 27" barrel.

I didn't have much luck with RE26 with the 143 HH in my custom 7WSM. The accuracy just wasn't there. RE 23 produced good velocity and noticeably better accuracy in my rifle.

1-9", 27" barrel.

I am running 67.5 grains of 4831sc in my custom 7mm WSM with the 143 HH and its moving 3215fps from a 22" barrel Its a pretty hot load though.

Here's a couple of loads that have shown the most consistency in my rifle. The rifle is a Tikka receiver with a Carbon Six barrel. Now just need to validate how they perform this fall on mule deer. 20190610_084140_resized.jpg

here are the 110gr HH- 6.5cm results for my daughters new 'lope rifle

TC compass cheepo $200 rifle, only modification is a MBM baby beast 3 port brake
22" - 1:8 twist factory barrel with about 100 rounds of factory 140 S&B ammo down the pipe
using forster bench rest FL dies and .262 expanding mandrel, neck turned to .013", cci 250 primers and S&B 1x fired brass
shots 1-5 was a ladder test with varget 38-42gr (shots 1,2&5 were cloverleaf, 3&4 were 1" away)
shots 6-10 (42 gr charge) ended up right about 1/2 moa @ 100 yards--3 bugholed and 2 just off the hole--just need to re-zero the scope and my load is finished- still have 40 bullets to load up for practice and hunting out of the original 50

I spoke with steve on this bullet as it does not stay in the case by the time it hits lands in this rifle --he recommended I seat the base of the bullet flush with the neck/shoulder junction so I did (2.760" coal), no need to try a seating depth ladder in my eyes as I'd imagine the "flyers" are due to the factory 6.5 pound trigger pull and me , not the bullet or load

I do not have a mv at this time due to chrony acting up--get the speed next time out to find out the drops.
20190729_123319.jpg

20190729_093045.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got mine to shoot in the 65SS. I changed my mandrel for sizing after the bushing and also reduced my AMP annealer setting by -2. Now, I just have to reproduce this.

These are 126's right at 3350 fps.

Attachments

• 126hh.jpg
    126hh.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 135
  • 126hh1.jpg
    126hh1.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 127
I wish I could say that when we designed we were so smart that we knew our design would be so forgiving. It was a happy bonus that we are very thankful for!

The best I can come up with is that the radius design of our drive bands is very finite in the amount of bullet that engages the grooves. It serves the purpose that we designed it for so that we can seal the bore, loose our tight, without losing accuracy in loose bores or over pressure in tight bores. My best scientific analysis is that the light engagement of the outside dia of the bullet works like a shock absorber giving clean consistent exit from the barrel. That and holding 2 ten thousandths tolerance doesn't hurt.
I just found your website. I have a 25-284 based off modified Rem 700 SA. Considering using hammer 105 target for 600 yard competition. Do you

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.