Borescope Images - Help me identify...

Curious.....are there any type of rubber plugs(or any thing...maybe a heavy felt plug) a person can buy and shove down into the barrel...so a person can fill the area needing the cleaning with a solvent....let it soak really well....
Try taking a cartridge case trimmed to length and seat a bullet backwards, flush with the end of the case, chamber it and push your patch,( plug, wad, cotton ball, those things the dentist makes you bite on,) etc..from the muzzle. Remove the case and place rifle muzz down, pour or squirt the stuff from chamber side. You may want to leave a fired primer in the case and back fill the case with something to prevent the bullet from dropping into the case if you get heavy handed pushing the ram rod.

To me, I wouldn't need an expert to interpret the view of that barrel. It seems that anyone could see a damaged bore and realize they need help or a new barrel. I personally would want to know even if I couldn't fix myself. I think I would reach out to people in the know and ask their opinion and help. I think I would rather know the barrel is damaged than try and try to improve an inaccurate gun not knowing the problem. Bore scopes will someday possibly be almost be a necessity. Just sayin'
Why do you say it is damaged and perhaps needs a new barrel? I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary except the light scar in the chamber but I might be missing something

These three items are frequently purchased together from Amazon for a reason. Just saying...
upload_2019-12-16_19-42-26.png

You might consider , as an option , before replacing your barrel , buying some David Tubb " FINAL FINISH " bullets and loading / shooting them through your rifle to fire-lap the throat and barrel .
If you purchase the full kit , I think that you receive 5 different levels of bullets coated with his lapping compound , from coarse to very fine .
I have used them on 4 different rifles , in 4 different calibers , and had excellent results on all 4 . One of my rifles had the throat looking very similar to the first photo that you posted . After using the FINAL FINISH bullets as directed , the throats smoothed-out very well .
Each of the 4 different rifles now are much easier to clean , and do not copper-foul as they had previously done , and accuracy improved .
Try calling him at his company , Superior Shooting Systems , in Canadian , Texas , and ask his opinion if these would help .

DMP25-06

If you even consider selling that barrel based on what we've seen, I'll happily pay shipping and throw in a $20 :)
Doesn't look like it needs replaced. Seen that posted a couple times. Nothing wrong with that barrel other than some carbon. Seen much worse gouges too

Did I miss it or something dont remember the O.P saying he was gonna replace the barrel or are people just assuming.

Did I miss it or something dont remember the O.P saying he was gonna replace the barrel or are people just assuming.

No , I did not assume or presume that he had any intention of replacing the barrel .
I was suggesting that he might try the "FINAL FINISH" fire-lapping .
I probably mis-conveyed my message by saying " before replacing your barrel " .
My mistake and apologies .

DMP25-06

Last edited:
Now, by looking on those throat pictures, I think it could be a good idea to picture and document the interior of a new purchased gun. That could help in comparing while barrel chamber becomes accumulating shots and dirt. My opinion.

No , I did not assume or presume that he had any intention of replacing the barrel .
I was suggesting that he might try the "FINAL FINISH" fire-lapping .
I probably mis-conveyed my message by saying " before replacing your barrel " .
My mistake and apologies .

DMP25-06
No biggie, just wondering if I missed something that the O.P said in his original post because you were the second one mentioned replacing the barrel.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.