Teslong Borescope

I have seen many threads and hundreds of posts. Never seen one where the user was unhappy with his. I have Lyman and Hawkeye, both cost way more, I like my 50 buck Teslong better. Higher resolution, much easier to take pictures with and very portable, Easy to take to a gun show or shop to inspect bore on used guns.
Well I was unhappy the first time I used mine! Its is too good. Showed me how much copper was left after I had 'cleaned' my bore(s) and how 'terribly' cracked one of them was. Please note my avitar...that is from the 'terribly' cracked one before I looked. LOL
Joking aside, I had a chamber problem that I could not properly diagnose. With the Teslong ($49 model) the problem quickly became apparent....the fix will cost more than the borescope :-(

Last edited:
I think a teslong can help sell (or not sell) a rifle-- include a pic of the bore/throat along with rifle pics and we can (maybe) tell the bore condition better than without

I bought "used" a rifle on here a while back where the seller claimed only 60-80 rounds down the bore and it suposedly "shot cloverleaf groups with his RL26/sst bullet combo"

well, his reload data would only shoot 3moa for me (I took his info with a grain of salt from the beginning)-- but the extractor was so worn it wouldnt extract empties and the throat/bore is soooo fire cracked there is now way there is less than 100 rounds down that bore (probably somewhere around 500+ is my guess)--just one more reason to take internet/sales statements/claims with a grain of salt

Wow thanks for all the help fellas. I will be getting the $50 one from amazon as I have a couple rifles with 26"+ barrels. Cant wait to try it out. I have an Android phone and tablet. Which app is the better one to use? The teslong or the USB? Thanks again for all the helpful and good reviews. I could never afford an $800 conventional borescope.

I mistakenly called my first version of my Telslong a Bluetooth version. Sorry, It is USB. Used it today with a new phone and it the camera lit right up as soon as I plugged it into phone so I can't say now that it is any less easy to use than the WiFi one. Wasn't that easy to start with my much older android phone. Great view of the bore with either version. You may be troubled by what you see in there. :eek:

Wow thanks for all the help fellas. I will be getting the $50 one from amazon as I have a couple rifles with 26"+ barrels. Cant wait to try it out. I have an Android phone and tablet. Which app is the better one to use? The teslong or the USB? Thanks again for all the helpful and good reviews. I could never afford an $800 conventional borescope.
The instructions will tell you of a couple apps. One is 'Endoscope Camera' and one 'USB Camera' unless they've changed. The one I have that started automatically when I plugged the camera into the phone is called 'OTG Camera'. OTG Camera doesn't record or snap stills though I think. The others do. 'MoView' is the app I use with the WiFi version and that does it all too but I don't know if it works with the USB version. My phone is Android too.

Glad I got one, my 7mm mag shot great but after about 400 rounds lost accuracy. I cleaned religiously, but after bore scoped it man the Carbon was bad about 6 inches up from the bore. I use serveral cleaners , copper ect, but not carbon . Wake up call. Salvaged what thought was shot out, but do have fire cracking. Should last me now

Has anyone tried the one with the Rigid tube yet.
Shep
Yes. That's the 100H model that I purchased a month ago on Amazon. Ease of use is great = one hand, able to insert easily, able to slide or turn accurately. Plus it comes with a protective sleeve and a protective storage tube. Very good resolution on both my PC and Samsung tablet.

Last edited:
I am waiting for a rigid version that is Ipad compatible.

I am currently using the Lyman bore scope. The Teslong looks to have better resolution than the Lyman.

The Lyman was pricey, but has more than paid for itself by warning me off shot-out rifles that looked nice on the outside, and avoiding new guns with crooked throats. I won't buy a rifle, new or used, until I bore scope it.

I bought the flexible usb model and I must have got a lemon. When I first used it everything went fine till After a few minutes the video tore-up. I unplugged and re-plugged the USB and it worked fine for a few mins and tore again. Each time I tried it it worked less, now it won't last 10-seconds. i was able to examine one rifle and I bet I only got 10 minutes total useable video. I won't buy another

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.