Teslong Borescope

I bought the flexible usb model and I must have got a lemon. When I first used it everything went fine till After a few minutes the video tore-up. I unplugged and re-plugged the USB and it worked fine for a few mins and tore again. Each time I tried it it worked less, now it won't last 10-seconds. i was able to examine one rifle and I bet I only got 10 minutes total useable video. I won't buy another
They had some issues when they came out with a newer fancy zipper case. Coiled the fiber optic too tight breaking it. My understanding they replaced for anyone that complained and advised all to throw the cases away. I have heard very good things about their customer service. Please contact them and let us know how it works out.
I store mine in a hanging cleaning rod rack to keep them straight.
RevP

I ordered one and it came in a 10" square box with a note and a picture of how to store it, and to not coil it tightly. Ive only looked through my carry LCP2 Ruger 380 so far just to get an idea how to work things before I stick it down my rifles. It's pretty cool little gadget, fairly clear for the $50 you spend.

I think that if one lasted only a year, it would still be a good buy. You can take the phone model along to the gun shop and "look before you leap". The downside is it's probably going to break your heart when you start examining what's in your own gun safe.

bought "used" a rifle on here a while back where the seller claimed only 60-80 rounds down the bore

My 280ai was said to have had very few shots thru it....i scoped it.....doubtful he told truth...
My rechambered 65284 i know has a couple hundred thru it now...before as a 260 it had a few hundred maybe.....
It looks burnt out....but sends bullets down range well...
260 was rl17....65284 rl26.....
New 65284 proof is showing throat wear at 250 rounds....rl26..
It will eventually be rechambered.....back to a 65284.....but i will get the most I can from proof barrel....

I played with some bore scopes a few years ago. Nothing "cheap" was worth it. Today I shoved the Teslong down my Tikka 6.5x55. First rifle I scoped with it. Wow. Clarity is nice. I think to get a feel of what one is looking at will require practice, but its definitely possible. I could see the throat mill marks clearly, some erosion, and various patches of "something" in the bore the whole length. This gun has not been cleaned in too long (shoots well, has hunting loads plenty loaded in advance).

Anyhow, I saw better pics of a bore than I've ever seen with my own personal camera before, ever. For $50, a deal.

I think for it to be useful, we will need to scope more guns, more often and see what cleaning, shooting, etc do over time. My first take is: as advertised, 6.5x55 swede is easy on the bore. Has around 500 down the tube and I still see mill marks in the throat...... And the Teslong is worth the $

I plan to basically hang it up and never coil it again, based on the experiences noted here and on reviews on Amazon etc.....

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.