Recoil

I have found as I got older I became more susceptible
To recoil. Most of my hunting career was with a pre 64
338 Win mag. after a very involved back surgery I had
To drop back. But I have also lost weight. I would take
A look at a Suppressor in your process as it seems
To help my accuracy. Mostly I believe due to noise reduction. Happy holidays and good luck on your search.

IM an old guy with Two torn up shoulders and torn Biceps tendons. Last summer I had Weatherby add a Muzzle break to my 5 and 3/4 pound ultralight model , and I also added a bigger VX5 scope. Few mor ounces compared to my VX3 2.5Xto 8X Cal is 270 win , 130 grn Ballistic tips. 3028 to 3050 fps Lab radar says . The Break made a huge difference in felt recoil. This summer I will send it out to get a decelerator recoil pad. Interesting note, I load for a for a friend who has a 30-06 Sig Bolt Action rifle. I make 165 Grn Horn at 2700 fps, using IMR 4350 . His rifle has no break and the factory recoil pad. It is a pleasure to shoot. Very mild recoil. I think it is a 7 to 7 and a half pound rifle. Brakes and Pads help.

Couple years ago I got into the .300 WM game. Bought a Winchester XPR. So much recoil, the scope was coming back and making contact with my glasses every 3rd round or so. So I bought a Browning x bolt long range with a Recoil Hawg muzzle break. Recoil is down to about the level of my Remington .308. I love it.

Back in early summer I started a thread about possible over pressure in my 300 win mag on a hot day due to the powder I use,IMR4350.
We know it is temp sensitive but never had a problem before.On monday October 16 I took the 300 win mag back to the range.Still a problem!I also took a 300 weatherby mag and again,hard recoil.
Starting last year in the fall saw doctor that speciality is losing weight ,He educated me on diet and and started taking Ozempic and a drug my doctor said would work and now I have lost a bit over 60 pounds.At present 63.7 pounds.
Feel great but the weight must have kept the recoil down as I never had a problem before.Also shoot a 45/70 with stout loads,no problem before.
I need a GOOD muzzle brake for this old man.
Suggestions?
I shoot a 7x300 win mag with a Fat Bastard brake. Shooting a 190 gr Atip with recoil equal to my .243. MV around 2930. I don't have my reloading at the moment.

Back in early summer I started a thread about possible over pressure in my 300 win mag on a hot day due to the powder I use,IMR4350.
We know it is temp sensitive but never had a problem before.On monday October 16 I took the 300 win mag back to the range.Still a problem!I also took a 300 weatherby mag and again,hard recoil.
Starting last year in the fall saw doctor that speciality is losing weight ,He educated me on diet and and started taking Ozempic and a drug my doctor said would work and now I have lost a bit over 60 pounds.At present 63.7 pounds.
Feel great but the weight must have kept the recoil down as I never had a problem before.Also shoot a 45/70 with stout loads,no problem before.
I need a GOOD muzzle brake for this old man.
Suggestions?
I use a Harrells precision brake on my 7 mag. Almost no recoil now! I use it because I'm tall and on the bench when sighting in or working a load the recoil gets old quick. Since I always wear ear protection when I shoot I leave it on. It has really spoiled me.

Had a chance to put 3 rounds of my usual 300 win mag load down range and the problem was in fact the recoil pad.The Limbsaver fit like a glove,no sanding or shaping.
I shot 3 rounds back to back,not for accuracy but just to see and all went as usual.It was cold that day so I did not shoot any other rifle.
Quality Recoil pads do make a difference.
Limbsaver.....great choice! ( you Old Softie) ☺️

After years of military and old age I now feel a lot of recoil. Bought a Remington 308 and it kicked the **** out of me. Had the barrel threaded and added a Fat Bastard brake and put a magnum recoil pad from KICK-EEZ on and now it's a pleasure to shoot.
Eric H which of the two made the most difference?