Primers in stock

I saw br2 primers in stock yesterday at a LGS...$119. I didn't need them, so I left them. Just like some bullets I wanted, left those too.
I did score a pound of rl26@$49. Still too **** much, but I did need that. I'm shooting less and trying not to contribute to shortages. I learned after Obama to keep at least 2K of every primer I use.
Not going to pass judgment on what others decide to do.

I just picked up br2 for $109 thought that wasn't bad.
Guys we all know some are gouging, we also know lots of guys are scalping.
In fact my place I found had good stock accused me of doing juts that for buying a good amount of rl26 over the timeline they set forth. 1lbs a week.
But my situation is I had a small house no room to reload. All was done at my brothers 3 hours away. Now he lives 21 hours and I have a new house with a room. So all the stuff we had went with him. I'm now trying to setup a room with everything I need. I put off load work for about 8 rifles. A lot of my stuff burns around 100gr at a time so I go through a good amount.
Just try to keep it in mind. The general Reloader is not to blame nor are older ones. The last 3 years have had record breaking gun sales. If only a fraction of them start to reload that's a lot to supply.
In fact that's exactly what several I know did. And they never batted an eye at $500 a brick online to get them started they had no benchmark price to start with.
BR2 at 109 with no shipping and hazmat is a Bargain!

Online they are 139 to 149 plus shipping and hazmat.

The other day I stopped at the lgs and he has 106,000 sr, sp, and BR-2's on the shelf! I watched as 8 different guys looked at them and shook their heads, and walked away. They are $80/1000, and $109/1000 for the Br-2's.

June of 2021 I paid $39.99 for small rifle, and $67.99 for Br-2's . Should I now pay this price,$80 and $109 six months later? Should I have hoarded as many as I could?

I don't believe they will ever be lower than this, ever, and I don't think building a single primer factory will ever make a difference for the next two years either. Primer factories and powder factories are extremely expensive to build, and difficult to locate a factory. Hodgdon has publicly said that they are making powder and selling it to (us) almost exclusively, and they will not invest in building a new powder making facility for those reasons, period. Just found my photo. Plus 6.785% tax also.

Attachments

• 106.000 primers.jpg
    106.000 primers.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
BR2 at 109 with no shipping and hazmat is a Bargain!

Online they are 139 to 149 plus shipping and hazmat.
Still not sure what I'm gonna use them on. I was gonna do them in my dads creedmore but then it ended up shooting 1.5" group at 400 with magnum primers so that idea went away. I have a friend been looking for quite a while I'll probably give them to.

I posted in another place this morning. Then came across this. AmmoLand has primes for $166.00 per 2th. (small rifle) I am one that not in hurry to **** money away just to have things. I work at it slowly and look for the deals. I generally purchase out ahead of what I need. When the Dem's come into power or offices. The firearms and other items seem to disappear off the shelves. People get stupid. Now I have been reloading for 60yr. Seen this a few times over the years. What I do if I am using a components and getting the accuracies I am looing for . I will has time goes on, watch for sales or if I am a store and they have sale on items. I will get a box or two lbs of Powder, Primers, bullets. and brass I used to use Winchester brass. I now use Lapua or Peterson Brass. That been or I have had to work at getting that type of Brass. So I have them now. There time I purchase different cases for other chambers, but can be size to a difference caliber. Before the last time everything disappeared. I could get 22 ammo for under $200.00 for 5000 round. So I got some, and still have some. Presently building a 6mm or 243. I have been getting bullets over the past 8 months. powder likewise, and primers. I checked with Peterson several months ago and ask about when they were coming out with 280AI brass. They about a month after their time frame. I hade place and order for 500 case now a year ago. I got them. and guess what you can't find them now. So planning comes into get different item wanted or needed. My rifle is about finish now. so I have the items to reload with. There nothing that being sold over the counter for factory ammo It's a wildcat for sure. You know what I am ready.
I have learned a lot here on Long Range Hunting over the pass several years.

The other is getting equipment for reloading is another problem, that has to be worked at too.
Planning is the name of the game.

Well consider this; it doesn't matter much what they had to pay for those, what matters is what they'll have to pay to replace them with more.

It's the same reason the price of gas at the pump goes up immediately not until after a new load has been delivered at a higher price to the store.
Speaking of gas....you haven't seen anything yet folks....best save your reloading money up.....you want to see hoarding....buy gas now and fill every container you have! Biden sanctions Russia...it will be Horse and buggy again!

If you dont think they are your heads in the sand. I just bought Berger 6.5 140's for 51.00 a 100 from Blue collar 8.00 more than 2 years ago and my Local small LGS is same price. So your telling me Midway, Brownells, Brunos etc are paying more I think not.
Explain to me why so willing to pay 3-4 times more for primers in the name of new " normal" to keep shooting and no willingness to cut back but won't pay 30.00 for a hamburger from burger King, Macdonald etc or take your wife out to a steak dinner for 300.00. Whats the difference. Are you willing to pay 7,8,9 10.00 a gallon for gas without cutting back? Literally baffles me the excuses to pay for one commodity but not another in the name of " new normal"
Are you really making things better for your kids or grandkids by this, stop and ask yourself that question and be honest with yourself.
Did you read the letter Vista just put out they all but admitted to gouging
If you cut back on gas/ fuel usage , you will be at home more using up powder ,primers etc.., it's all relative .
Sounds like you might have enough reloading components, to
Keep you for a while already?
Lots of people might not have enough stuff to handload for shooting / hunting etc..., so they are going to get what they can ,when they can ,whatever the cost.
who is going to sit at home and wait for prices to go down ?

After they load up some ammo , they are going to get in the expensive truck, probably get a 5.00 coffee or an expensive hamburger, on their way to go hunting or shooting.
Do any of us like it? No , but I refuse to stop living until the price goes down.

Speaking of gas....you haven't seen anything yet folks....best save your reloading money up.....you want to see hoarding....buy gas now and fill every container you have! Biden sanctions Russia...it will be Horse and buggy again!
I heard gas in L.A. was already at $6.21 per gal. last week.....Chicago over $4.00, so pockets of craziness already.....

Unless it becomes a wider war spilling out of Ukraine I don't expect much more than short term instability in the oil markets.

Putin's forces have been faltering and taking far heavier losses than anticipated largely thanks to US Provide MANPADS and anti armor weapons and the Ukrainians are digging in for a long fight.

Putin cannot afford either economically or politically a long drawn out war much less a war that would involve NATO so I suspect right now he's going to shift his focus primarily towards establishing a land route and buffer zone guaranteeing them access to the port facilities in Crimea.

The bear made a mistake in picking a fight with a wolverine instead of a lamb.

The worst of the problems in the oil market should last no more than 30-90 days and I think Americans can weather that just fine.

What this will do however is cause the hoarders to start hitting every online and brick and mortar store they can find even harder than they had been and that may screw things up for us for another six months or so.