Primers!

Well...how many Leo's on here are 'resupplying' their garage with free ammo courtesy of the American public

Actually, I've seen just the opposite. Ammo costs have risen even for law enforcement agencies, and municipal budgets are stretched everywhere. Our municipality did a comprehensive audit on ammo and related supplies that were purchased and utilized. They initially thought that ammo was "missing" from the storage facilities. After a thorough review, auditors looked a little sheepish. They actually apologized when they learned how much ammo is actually expended in semi-annual requalifications, and realized that supplies were low due to their fiscal prudence. A well-stocked Police armory seems to be harder to find every day.

Similar shortages have been spoken about througout the region for the same reason. Some elected officials feel that less firearm training may be the solution. Training officers would disagree.

"Resupplying their garage" is an insult to the entire law enforcement community,

Being that I am the firearms instructor for my county, and responsible for stocking and keeping track of our armory, and I have since 2015, and also since I am in contact with many of the other firearms instructors throughout the state of Wyoming and some of Idaho, I can say that you are simply incorrect. Obama did not give us ammo, let alone any additional funding for ammunition, and did not prepare us for an uprising. If an uprising did occur however, I can assure you in these states, we would be on the side of the American people.

We are not hoarding or being given excess ammunition, period. I have to streamline training due to budget reasons so as to not use too much ammunition during training.
Agreed! I showed this post to my LE relatives from Commifornia. Three of them responded, one of which retired 2 years ago after nearly 30 years in service, and they all said ...

BS FLAG HUGE.gif

We are not hoarding or being given excess ammunition, period. I have to streamline training due to budget reasons so as to not use too much ammunition during training.
The USAF used to have an annual M9/M-16 training for non-LE/SF, but now they went to JIT (X months before deployment). My friend ran the CATM in my base and said the overall ammunition consumption in training had gone significantly in the last 10 years, including the LE/SF career fields. Ammunition (among other thing$) in $upport of Ukraine is another story. 🤬

Last edited:
I showed this post to my LE relatives from Commifornia. Three of them responded, one of which retired 2 years ago after nearly 30 years in service, and they all said ...

View attachment 460047

The USAF used to have an annual M9/M-16 training for non-LE/SF, but now they went to JIT (X months before deployment). My friend ran the CATM in my base and said the overall ammunition consumption in training had gone significantly in the last 10 years, including the LE/SF career fields. Ammunition (among other thing$) in $upport of Ukraine is another story. 🤬
So, just to be clear, your three friends, none of whom know Cody, are calling him a liar?

Primers - decades ago I periodically visited, as part of my job duties - "The Denver Ordnance Plant in Lakewood produced ammunition during World War II. The plant was the largest federal project in Colorado history before its conversion into the Federal Center, which today houses dozens of government agencies."

Upon walking thru the huge building, I noticed that there were no long continuous hallways between individual spaces. Somebody patiently explaned to me that this was designed to contain blast energy in the event of an explosion. The explosive used in primers is lead styphnate and other chemicals - enough energy to make for a big blast if enough of this stuff exploded.

I was then told that a plant employee was cleaning up a bunch of culled primers and placed them in a bucket. One of the tiny primers exploded for some unknown reason, possibly static electricity or concussion. This caused a massive chain reaction resulting in death.

I keep my primers separated from gun powder. I have no plans for making primers. A 10K primer limit is usually mandated by various governments, like RCW 70.74.350. I will never use a tube fed priming tool. Squeeze type priming tools have a barrier between the primer being seated and the primer container to prevent a chain reaction. Hopefully, OSHA will not make primer manufacturing in the US economically impossible. My shooting expectations would be negated if all I had was a flintlock rifle.
I have been looking at them. Flintlock. Hell don't worry about 10,000 primers at home. You are allow 25,000 in a car. 🤣 The costs of shipping fees and Hazmat fees are really beyound reason and really no call for it either. So if got 100 primers for $10.00 and the fees would be something $30.00 to ship them. The shipping fees wouldn't be much different if they shippping 10,000 primers. So who's going to buy a 100 at a time, and maybe several thousand at one time to cut down on shipping fees.
A little more. Why does IRS need million of dollars of ammo for? I haven't heard of a gunbattle with them on whomever. I stay petty much on top of the news. We are not back in the 20's and 30"S either. Now this Pre. Dumb Bast**D is doing the same thing as Obama did.
I do not know why we are so short on primers.
The men in blue generally do a great job, and they have my backing. They are getting the short end of the stick or maybe the long end. My hats off to them.
Production of manuffactured ammo isn't that much that primers should falling off of the shelves.

How many primers, etc. are being consumed in Ukraine right now?
That is my opinion they are using so much the rock components let alone just the primers themselves the US manufacturers and the Eastern European manufacturers can't keep up with the demand in the Ukraine so where do you think all the primers are going you're not going to see him in the secondary market they sure it's not going to be making mag rifle primers cuz it's not a NATO standard same thing with Magnum pistol primers

This is complete B.S. research it. We were using 52 million rounds a month when Iraq and Afghanistan was going on now 26 million a month goes to Ukraine.
WAS THERE SHORTAGES DURING
IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN?
People do your research theres alot of B.S. going around.
My only question and I don't know cuz I haven't done the research on it but I believe they shut down or mothballed some of the ammo manufacturing plants and primer manufacturing plants since those conflicts so that would be the last manufacturing capability

This is complete B.S. research it. We were using 52 million rounds a month when Iraq and Afghanistan was going on now 26 million a month goes to Ukraine.
WAS THERE SHORTAGES DURING
IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN?
People do your research theres alot of B.S. going around.
I responded to this on another thread; we had shortages during the first Gulf War and OEF/OIF.

Practicing good safety while handling primers is paramount no matter what method you use to load them. Take note here. Not too long back, there was a post here about a guy that had a primer stack in a tube detonate causing him injuries and bench damage. Years ago, I setup a grounding system using copper rods, wire, and connecting it to a copper grounding rod driven into the ground outside. I clip a static wrist band to me and clip the other end to the primer tube and press. Similar setup to what you use in handling computer or electronic assemblies. It cost me less than $50.00 all in and provides me with a measure of safety and piece of mind. I've been using this for over 20 years now and I'm still here. Thank God. Stay safe and have fun.
I haven't done any of that and still here too. 61yrs for reloading. I've been reading about it here for sometime now.