Primers

MW204

How many of you heard about the Lake City Primer facility blowing up in Independence, Missouri in 2017? I understand the military orders are about 2 billion rounds per year.
This might explain where all the primers have gone to for the past several years, it at least gives me a reasonable explanation other than we're running 24/7, which if was the case for the civilian market alone we'd all be up to our eyeballs in primers imo.
I have heard that the military was ordering a lot of primers and had a high demand, but I never heard about their primer plant blowing up. This does NOT explain the all around bullet shortage we experienced.
The U.S. Army selected Winchester to operate and manage the Lake City plant in September 2019.

How many of you heard about the Lake City Primer facility blowing up in Independence, Missouri in 2017? I understand the military orders are about 2 billion rounds per year.
This might explain where all the primers have gone to for the past several years, it at least gives me a reasonable explanation other than we're running 24/7, which if was the case for the civilian market alone we'd all be up to our eyeballs in primers imo.
I have heard that the military was ordering a lot of primers and had a high demand, but I never heard about their primer plant blowing up. This does NOT explain the all around bullet shortage we experienced.
The U.S. Army selected Winchester to operate and manage the Lake City plant in September 2019.
Do you really think we were using more now than when Afghanistan and Iraq were going full bore at the same time?

I'm pretty sure they're going through far more small arms ammo in Ukraine then they ever did in the middle east.
You better do your research, we produce 12 billion rounds a year the military goes through 1.5 billion and we give ukraine 300 million.
Exact same amount a year we used in Afghanistan and Iraq, only difference we are producing more ammo than we did at the time of Afghanistan and Iraq.
The list below is up to date what we have sent Ukraine so far.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230924-085312_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230924-085312_Chrome.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
This article is pretty informative and has pictures of the limited damage.