3FC51414-7899-4620-8769-C65F7413230B.jpeg
1AD0563E-FD25-46F7-8F6E-CBA0FAF5A9CC.jpeg
I'm liking the GoPro setup through my spotter. Then WiFi to my phone or tablet and watch while shooting. Recording but still able to watch in real time. Typically can shoot the look over at the phone and watch impact if I'm having troubles spotting through the scope

Another aspect I run into out here in the sticks is...a spotter, shooting partner with any modicum of knowledge. I have miles of fields to shoot over but no one is obsessed like me. You gotta have someone that shares your passion and knowledge of the sport. The only option is to invest in a high quality camera to record your impacts, otherwise you're ****, um I mean...shooting into the wind
Even then, I would record the shots to be able to re-watch for impacts that were not observed by spotter/shooter. Plus it gives you the option of zooming in on the video.

Honestly, I think I'm gonna go with a 338 or 375 allen mag.

By the way, I'm not sure but the 300 raptor is the hottest 7.62 cal round, right?

The Desert Techs are fking awsome. The Amp dsr-1 is also great but that one's only 338 lapua I believe.

Hope y'all having a great day because I sure ain't ;)

He's right. I've taken my 6.5 out to a mile and it's the same thing, spotting impacts is hard. VERY hard most of the time at a mile. Doubling that range (and more) with a 7mm will be even more challenging. If you see the guys shooting ULR, King if 2 miles, and the like, those guys are using big bore rifles for a reason. The 375's, 408's, 416's, and 50 BMG are the most popular rounds. Smaller than that is not what those guys are using. Even the awesome 338LM, which, will do the job (probably better than any 7mm in my opinion, and I love 7's) is in the minority in the 2+ mile game. I think the very smallest caliber I seen on King of 2 Miles was a 300WM. And while it shot well, it was really at the end of its reach at less than the 2 mile mark.

I don't know what's about the 7s but there's something about them. Same goes for blondes. ( Not that into redhds, sry ;) )

Man they're hard to forget...

Another aspect I run into out here in the sticks is...a spotter, shooting partner with any modicum of knowledge. I have miles of fields to shoot over but no one is obsessed like me. You gotta have someone that shares your passion and knowledge of the sport. The only option is to invest in a high quality camera to record your impacts, otherwise you're ****, um I mean...shooting into the wind

And you know what they say...you're gonna get wet

I'm still thinking about that 7mm pill. So slick, so fast... It would be terrible for wind tho... Would be like a 6.5 when it goes below super. It would be shooting with your eyes closed...

Maybe a 7.62 but I don't think it's enough girth. Jkjk ;)

The 7mm's do as well as all the rest with the right bullet. I shot a 7 RUM out to 2500 yards on a regular basis and it worked as well as everything else shooting a comparable BC bullet at the same velocity. If you like the 7mm then just go for a fast 7 off of the Lapua case. The Norma improved versions are good too, but you may as well go full over bore.

The 7mm's do as well as all the rest with the right bullet. I shot a 7 RUM out to 2500 yards on a regular basis and it worked as well as everything else shooting a comparable BC bullet at the same velocity. If you like the 7mm then just go for a fast 7 off of the Lapua case. The Norma improved versions are good too, but you may as well go full over bore.

I like my 7 RBH's
Push a 180 at 3450 fps if you want
Mines in a hunting rig setup so I backed it down to the 3320 range

Hey y'all
Finally got on a plane, fking finally.
Allen mag, firebird, rum, rbh, stw just to name a few...

So many choices... ****, I wish I could just say "1 of each please, now!" ;)

That 300 Raptor is about to get more interesting with the new A-tip bullets from Hornady.

The 338 EnABLR with solids could be what you want?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.