300 Remington Ultra Magnum ... ELR

Hi. Just wanted to share my experience with a Rem 700 LR 300 RUM. Just an off the shelf Cabela's. Did a few mods to it like muzzle brake, Jewell trigger, shortened stock and added cheek rest. (You really need a cheek rest. And i agree to get that scope lowered.) No bedding cause it shoots pretty good for what i do with it (up to 600 yds.)

Attachments

• 20200106_201647.jpg
    20200106_201647.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 20191019_081740.jpg
    20191019_081740.jpg
    517.2 KB · Views: 48
Ah yes. So many haters and condescending statements. If that is his only rifle it may be his, long range rifle. Not all of us have a bottomless pocket book to spend money on a gun that is COMPLETELY WORTHLESS to shoot unless it is locked down to a bench. I love my heavy 338 Edge and will carry it as far as I want to. I want you to drag around you fancy "F" monstrosity for even a morning hunt. Oh that's right. It is too fancy and expensive to dare take out in the field. May as well be a glorified safe queen. You know, a rifle that looks good on a mantle but you are afraid to take it to the field because it is so PRETTY and DELICATE.
Once again I fall back on my upbringing (thank you mom and dad). If you can't say something nice, don't say anything.
This category on lrh is for elr topics is this rifle or caliber elr as defined by elr community. No it's not as elr is not what is elr for your abilities or caliber or cartridge. Is it a good long range hunting rifle yes . Could you use a true elr rifle for extreme range hunting in the field? Yes. I have sitting on ridge tops I have taken big game past 1700 yards. Are they delicate no. Much tougher stiffer and stronger than any hunting rifle they must be to handle the extra recoil and power. As far as shooting on a bench no elr is prone. Is a elr rifle practical as carry in the field no. And last a safe queen. Most comp Shooters shoot more in one year then 99% percent of average Joe's do in their whole life . As far as picking on this guys post NO it's not his fault he does not understand the term elr.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.