I'd also like to know how they expand with that nose design. More information from the manufacturer would be nice. Or a terminal performance thread? Gel tests? Terminal results on animal pictures?

I'd also like to know how they expand with that nose design. More information from the manufacturer would be nice. Or a terminal performance thread? Gel tests? Terminal results on animal pictures?
I've seen some animal pics. He'd probably send you some if you asked. Never saw gel testing results myself. I'm going to give them terminal testing this season if the animals give me the chance. The way he does those tips is a trade secret so he's a bit shy about giving away too much information on it. The thin tip collapses instantly on impact. This is what makes them mag sensitive... Helps to have a tight follower.

Just went to their website and the hollow point 30 cal bullets are the only bullets are something I could use.All the others are SINGLE FEED ONLY.
That kills the deal for me!

Just went to their website and the hollow point 30 cal bullets are the only bullets are something I could use.All the others are SINGLE FEED ONLY.
That kills the deal for me!
That's because the tips are so thin for the desired terminal performance. If you have a good mag with a tight follower, you'll probably be alright. He'd be straight with you on that if you asked him and tell him what you got. The mag feed option just has a thicker tip I believe.

Looks like he machines the bullet with a very thin tubular hollowpoint ahead of the main ogive and then runs them through a forming die to compress the hollow tube into a uniform closed tip.

I've seen some animal pics. He'd probably send you some if you asked. Never saw gel testing results myself. I'm going to give them terminal testing this season if the animals give me the chance. The way he does those tips is a trade secret so he's a bit shy about giving away too much information on it. The thin tip collapses instantly on impact. This is what makes them mag sensitive... Helps to have a tight follower.
Yes I'm sure he doesn't want to give away trade secrets. Which is totally understandable. I did see the mag feed option, which is good. Good luck this hunting season and please post your results. I'm going to stick with Hammers and try one Apex afterburner this season. But if these work as advertised I'D try them in one rifle to see for myself.

I will say that the packaging and presentation leaves a little to be desired…basically they look gross with some sort of splotchy green oil…definitely not the esthetically pleasing look of a machined bullet. Also alcohol does not clean them up either.
IMG_6124.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6123.jpeg
    IMG_6123.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 64