1686269297498.png

This young man made a fine shot at 540 yards:
28 Nosler (custom)
160g McGuire Ballistics "Copper Rose".
3,300 fps
One shot DRT, didn't take a step!
This was a youth hunt draw at Fort Hunter Liggett, Sam McGuire was our guide and we were using his bullet. These things shoot! Not cheap but well worth the money considering how much I invest in hunting. Check out some of the monster hogs he's been killing!

Sam and his father Scott are friends of mine and they are the real deal. Sam is an avid hunter and very successful guide. He told me he was tired of animals not dropping when hit properly and set out to improve the performance of mono-metal bullets. I believe they started development in 2013, put them on the market late last year. They own a machine shop in Paso Robles Ca, and have machined for the aerospace industry for years. His shop has very dedicated individuals, relying on mostly word of mouth for now for his bullets.

Last edited:
Website currently has the largest caliber offering at .308
If bullet sales take off, perhaps he'll increase production to include .338 and .375

Awesome. It does appear their website advertised BC of .750 G1 is not far off at all. Will love to see some real BC testing in the future also
I have been shooting these bullets for 3 years, was trying to add up all the critters I have taken, 3 bull elk, 6 cow elk, 5 antelope, mule deer, bighorn sheep, black bear, and hogs in Cali hunting with Sam. Pretty much have had good experience with all at close distances one bull at 80 yds and one at 650, other at 215. Have used all his offerings
from 6.5, 270, 7mm, and 30 cal. If you need help with a load please contact me I can help get you started. Forgot to add a big aoudad in Texas last February.

I have been shooting these bullets for 3 years, was trying to add up all the critters I have taken, 3 bull elk, 6 cow elk, 5 antelope, mule deer, bighorn sheep, black bear, and hogs in Cali hunting with Sam. Pretty much have had good experience with all at close distances one bull at 80 yds and one at 650, other at 215. Have used all his offerings
from 6.5, 270, 7mm, and 30 cal. If you need help with a load please contact me I can help get you started. Forgot to add a big aoudad in Texas last February.
That's a lot of testing! I'm not sold on copper for true long range Terminal trauma. They are great higher impact velocities. But for 1000+ yards and lower impact velocity I want frangible lead bullets personally

So do these bullets have a minimum expansion velocity?

I believe Sam likes to be conservative with the numbers he puts out, 2000fps is what I have heard him say, but I have seen bullets he shot during his testing that show expansion at 1800. I was not on site for this testing.
Would this be for the single feed or the Mag feed?