I actually tried washing them in alcohol to clean them up but they're permanently stained. Obviously I don't expect it to affect performance. My first batch look the same and they shot superbly.
I have used a very fine steel wool to remove the spots on the bullets I have received. Hope he figures out why the spots are occurring. Told him a year ago not to ship product that looks like that!

Well here's the first 3 - 7mm 168's through my 28 Nosler…
IMG_6141.jpeg

I have used a very fine steel wool to remove the spots on the bullets I have received. Hope he figures out why the spots are occurring. Told him a year ago not to ship product that looks like that!
I will add that I harvested an Alaska/Yukon moose with the 270 128gr this fall with a single shot. Was really impressed with it's terminal performance. Bullet entered at point of the shoulder where front leg bone meets the shoulder. It broke the leg bone, deflected downward, broke 2nd rib, passed thru lungs and heart, broke 4th rib and exited. Bull stumbled 20 feet and fell over. Also shot a mountain caribou and dall sheep on this hunt with same bullet from my 270WSM.

I will add that I harvested an Alaska/Yukon moose with the 270 128gr this fall with a single shot. Was really impressed with it's terminal performance. Bullet entered at point of the shoulder where front leg bone meets the shoulder. It broke the leg bone, deflected downward, broke 2nd rib, passed thru lungs and heart, broke 4th rib and exited. Bull stumbled 20 feet and fell over. Also shot a mountain caribou and dall sheep on this hunt with same bullet from my 270WSM.
If he had a 140-150gr high bc 270 I'd probably be convinced to give these a shot, just because I like my 270 the most, but really prefer stuff up around 150gr for it.
That's a hell of a hunt to get a moose and a sheep on the same hunt.

If he had a 140-150gr high bc 270 I'd probably be convinced to give these a shot, just because I like my 270 the most, but really prefer stuff up around 150gr for it.
That's a hell of a hunt to get a moose and a sheep on the same hunt.
Will pass that request on to him, would be a much longer bullet and may require a faster twist.

Will pass that request on to him, would be a much longer bullet and may require a faster twist.
Good thing I have a 1-7 barrel.
I've mostly settled on the 140gr BD-2 in my 277 so far and it kills fine if it's placed right. Just not quickly if it's lungs only. Same as every other copper bullet I've used. I'd use the 150, but due to magazine length restriction, the 150 ends up eating enough powder space to actually step backwards despite the higher BC until you're well past ranges I shoot at. Anything over 1.60" in length and it's eating too much powder for my magazine.

I've got the 152gr DRT loaded for my next hunt with it, really curious to see how they do on game. Big departure from all the other non-lead bullets.
I've shot the LRX, TTSX, Cutting edge razor, Leigh controlled chaos, hammer hunter and absolute in 30, 27 and 26cal. Everything died, just always looking for that slightly better.

Last edited: