I’m Making The Switch

Me too

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230717_215635_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230717_215635_Chrome.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 30
I've always been intrigued by straight pull actions but unless one is given to me i won't ever own one for this exact reason. Muscle memory or whatever haha, guarantee I'm slower with this thing than a normal bolt, especially when the buck of a lifetime is in front of me and I'm panicking cuz my rifle has obviously seized up as the bolt won't open!!! Ahhh!!!! 😱
We bought 1 in 300win last fall... the disappointing thing is there was zero load development. The thing eats the same loads we have loaded for my browning 300win for 20+ years. My 20 year old kid is going to use it as his rifle. He shoots it well and seems to run the action without bobbling it.

I have hunted driven boar and red deer with straight pull rifles. I did not find them at all difficult to adapt to. Had far more trouble using 60 degree Bolts under pressure of shooting running game. Never could get the 60 degree right but a 90 or straight were both great. The straight pull is a lot faster to cycle with multiple running targets.

I have hunted driven boar and red deer with straight pull rifles. I did not find them at all difficult to adapt to. Had far more trouble using 60 degree Bolts under pressure of shooting running game. Never could get the 60 degree right but a 90 or straight were both great. The straight pull is a lot faster to cycle with multiple running targets.
A Blaser and an Impulse are probably two different creatures...LOL

While I love Winchester Rifles and am a huge fan of tang safety River's I have been a Remington guy for the most part, with that being said the Savage rifle has always intrigued me and I have had a few and let them go and have regretted it so I'm making the switch to Savage, I've got 2 actions on the way as well as stocks and other odds and ends for about a third of the cost of the Remington components.
It falls right in with my do more with less mindset so we'll see, I'm off and running, another 25 cal something or another is first on the list
Bean
Post your satisfaction (or dissatisfaction) after your experience with savage over all. I started out with savage as my platform action simply due to the floating bolt head and ease of tuning and accuracy results. What I found out was accuracy was excellent. Headspacing especially when building an AI cartridge was tricky to get ignition. Headspacing was very tricky( for mine). Turned out to be a somewhat of a micro adjustment issue in headspacing. My biggest struggle with savage actions was finding stocks. Just not many options compared to the Remington footprint. Triggers is another very big issue. Sure Timney and rifle basic are out there but nothing compared to TriggerTech, Shilen, Jewell or some of the other better triggers for Remington's. Good luck with your new found choice and I hope you find more options on both those areas I struck out on.

I got rid of mine for the same reason. Close encounters of the stupid kind along with several deer encounters. And my dear mother who has since passed away asked me to she said she worried about me having a bad accident so I honored her wish.

Ok, maybe it was 7.5 miles...
View attachment 478881
If I had that back in HS math days my word problems would be solved...... just like flying questions? A plane kept LA going X speed and traveling to NY. A distance of X takes how long.... well knowing more about real world time kept me from answering these types of questions! 1st off you need clearance altitude change, 2nd you lose time climbing unless you increase speed for distance lost, 3rd is reverse procedures when landing unless you get stuck in a holding pattern! Answer that teacher and you understand WHY I can't just give you a plain answer!

Hey fellas,
pure precision is Inletting their altitude stocks for short & long savages.

Top bolt release is inlet for AICS DBM's only (older blind magazine flat backs are not being inlet).

Bottom release actions are inlet for the factory DBM & mags.

they have turned out really nice.
The pure precision stocks are great. I have 2 short actions already and a long action on the way.
IMG_2022 (1).jpgIMG_2023 (1).jpgIMG_2007 (1).jpgIMG_2010 (1).jpg

Recent Posts