I’m Making The Switch

408,000 RPM. Perhaps the sheared off petals will penetrate further perpendicular to the wound channel than the depth of the actual wound channel
IMG_7870.gif

I've looked at it close a couple of times and I really don't think there would be enough gain over the 25-06 AI to make it worthwhile
Moreover I don't see what's so bad about the original .257 weatherby. Or a .257-7mm rem. Or doing a .257 WSM or SAUM. or heck even a .25-300 PRC or .25-300 wby if you needed a notable increase in capacity over the 25-06 and .25-06 ai. All of those possibilities have waaaaay more brass options available than the RPM case and the weatherby has boring cheap over the counter dies and stuff too :).

My only complaint with my savages are the heavy bolt lift. I added a bolt lift kit from Stockade and I couldn't even really tell a difference. Can you tell a difference with this kit?
I will say my bedded savages shoot like customs though, I suspect if a gunsmith worked over the pinnacle of the cocking ramp that might help to.
You don't have that with the Impulse.... Unless you are still trying to lift the bolt anyway...😁

You don't have that with the Impulse.... Unless you are still trying to lift the bolt anyway...😁
I've always been intrigued by straight pull actions but unless one is given to me i won't ever own one for this exact reason. Muscle memory or whatever haha, guarantee I'm slower with this thing than a normal bolt, especially when the buck of a lifetime is in front of me and I'm panicking cuz my rifle has obviously seized up as the bolt won't open!!! Ahhh!!!! 😱

A good friend of mine did that one night going to work and cut a doe deer completely in half. He spent some time in the hospital but by the grace of God made a full recovery.
I kinda thought if a mouse ran across the road I'd be done for! Seriously, any mistake at that speed is fatal. Glad I got all that out of my system...

Recent Posts