Bino harness

Mcarso1

What harness is your top pick and why? Looking for something more than the basic elastic shoulder strap style and looking at all the big names makes it hard to choose. Keep in mind I use standard non ranging bino Steiner 10x32 and carry a Luepold rangefinder.

For several years I have been using the Badlands Mag Bino Case with the magnetic closures. I have Swaro 10x32 EL binoculars but there isn't enough room for my Leica RF in the case. Since I bought mine Badlands have brought out the XR model which has a separate compartment for a range finder. Today I would buy the XR model.

I've been running the Alaska Guide Creations Kodiak CUB and love it. I hunt in a lot of dry areas and I like that it fully covers my binos so they're protected from any dust. I used this bino harness for my 10x42 Steiners and now my Swarovski 10x42 SLCs and both fit perfectly. I also like that my Leupold range finder fits in the small front pocket so it's always right there when I need it. This harness holds everything nice and tight to my chest so there is not bouncing around when I'm hiking.

I like the Marsupial. I have tried 8 different chest harnesses over the years. This is my favorite. It is the only one I have run for more than one season.
20190819_124603.jpg

20190819_112846.jpg

20200930_195857.jpg

I like the Marsupial. I have tried 8 different chest harnesses over the years. This is my favorite. It is the only one I have run for more than one season.
View attachment 237050
View attachment 237051
View attachment 237052
The newest Marsupial have increased side panels to keep the dust out. I'm seldom in a SxS but learned the hard way this year that your glass gets dusty in a SxS in an older Marsupial.

having said that out of multiple harnesses the Marsupial is my favorite. I'm likely to upgrade to the new ones though.

All I use is this:
The one i have has an extra clip on it that i snap the laser rangefinder string to and i can just let go of it without having to stow it away for a quick shot.
lightest there is. I use the factory lens caps and have never had an issue.
Cheap too
SnT

I'm in for the badlands case as well. Magnets close tight enough to keep out dust, straps keep it tight to my chest and gives some extra pockets for quick access gear. I like mine so much I got one for my dad.

All I use is this:
The one i have has an extra clip on it that i snap the laser rangefinder string to and i can just let go of it without having to stow it away for a quick shot.
lightest there is. I use the factory lens caps and have never had an issue.
Cheap too
SnT
I looked into these as many on another site recommend them. They are not offered in Australia but I might order from the states and pay postage etc