Bino Harness Selection (AGC, Kuiu, Badlands, Marsupial)

Is that Kuiu Velcro accessory pocket loud? I feel like Velcro and hunting do not go together well at al

Is that Kuiu Velcro accessory pocket loud? I feel like Velcro and hunting do not go together well at all lol.
The velcro only holds the accessory pocket to the harness, there is a flap secured by a small bungee to open the pocket to pull out the rangefinder that is also on a lanyard.

I just got the new outdoor vision harness. It's my favorite so far. I've had most of them! Comes with a built in rain cover which is handy. Very adjustable and most importantly, it fits tight to the body. I can run up stairs and it won't move. That was my biggest gripe about AGC.

It has a front zipper pocket, rear elastic pocket, plus 2 small pouches on the sides.

On my last elk hunt I noticed all the guides were using Badlands bino cases. It got me looking at the features offered on the various cases available. In the end, I bought a Badlands for myself. I like the magnetic closures, separate compartment for rangefinder, small pouches and the fact that it's dust and waterproof. The pouch has an internal adjustable shelf that can be moved to accommodate medium or large binos. I found the harness to be very comfortable too.

Last edited:
IMHO, if you put your binos in a pack, you're not using them enough. I modified a pair of Dickies suspenders to hold mine, and my Steiners come with a rain cover to keep debris off the lenses. At my age, having the suspenders not only makes them the most comforable way to carry them, but also helps hold up my pants. Prevents plumber's butt.

IMHO, if you put your binos in a pack, you're not using them enough.
Well, that's an over simplification.

A chest pack is just a way to get strain off your neck and protect your glass. Expensive glass in some cases. As far as use, many of us hike to certain spots to glass, or glass and move. I find this common in most western state hunting.

My chest pack is like the Batman belt of hunting, hence why I use Alaska guide creations, but my binos are one of the most used piece of kit. Next is a windicator, then GPS w/onx, then my rangefinder. I keep my tags and writing utensils and sometimes sectional maps in there as well.

I have a Kuiu Pro and a Alaska Guide Creations and really like both, but the Kuiu is slimmer and now with the Pro it has more options.
So I lean towards the Kuiu

Had an agc and went to a marsupial. Have the RF large pouch as well and a pistol holster that I use sometimes as well. Wouldn't look back with marsupial. Also they are local to me so I can go in and grab anything.

I just bought an AGC. It checked all my boxes and was compact enough for me yet still had room for an extra mag, flash light, meds and drink packets. I don't personally like magnetic closures. They tend to pick up ferrous dust and rocks. I also like the top cover and how it flips down to protect your glass if you're not holding them. I also got their rangefinder pouch for my br4. Overall it worked great and was very comfortable. The zippered back pocket was perfect for my license and tags. It also comes in solid orange if that's a concern. I have my 10x42 GPO's in them.

Trying to decide on my next bino harness. I think I have it narrowed down to the AGC Ravus, Kuiu Pro, Marsupial, and the Badlands BinoX. I am using Vortex Razor 10x42 HD's if that makes any difference

I have not seen really any reviews on the AGC Ravus, but if it is like any of the other AGC bino harnesses, I am sure it is built extremely well.

I am leaning towards the Kuiu because it is priced less than the Marsupial and appears to be almost identical?

Does anyone have any experience with the listed harnesses?
Check out the RickYoungOutdoors.com bino rig. Very flexible, light weight (1 oz), cost effective, no wind flutter, $25. I use them on all my binos, along with their neoprene bino case/pouch. Wouldn't use anything else.

Trying to decide on my next bino harness. I think I have it narrowed down to the AGC Ravus, Kuiu Pro, Marsupial, and the Badlands BinoX. I am using Vortex Razor 10x42 HD's if that makes any difference

I have not seen really any reviews on the AGC Ravus, but if it is like any of the other AGC bino harnesses, I am sure it is built extremely well.

I am leaning towards the Kuiu because it is priced less than the Marsupial and appears to be almost identical?

Does anyone have any experience with the listed harnesses?
I use a simple inexpensive Vortex bino harness/case. Very comfortable and lightweight. Tried other but still love this one.

I have a Badlands fanny pack that I love. When I recently bought a binocular pack I looked at the Badlands and the new Marsupial enclosed pack and I choose the Marsupial pack, even though it is more expensive. I'm very happy with it.

Recent Posts