Best deer scope

Yes Scott !!! That is really Great, I am confident 8.5 X to 25 X will be great at the medium and longer ranges I expect to shoot in N Carolina. I meant that that particular scope is way too much for my usual 100 Yard deer shooting in West Virginia. T he 2.5X to 8X is adequate for that. Now that they make VX 5 ,in 3 X to 15X would have been incredible. Perhaps Santa is reading these posts and he knows what I would like. Ima Ground Blind Hunter as well , and I always use a Caldwell Tripod, or a Bog Death Grip Carbon, in the Blind!!!The outfitter said they will set up a Ground Blind for me along the Bean Filed in North Carolina this year. Last year the put me in the "OLD MAN Elevated Box Blind " cause I was afraid to climb up a tree in the dark. The plan was to get me out of the Old Man blind about 10 am the put me a much better blind, but an 11 point buck came up the trail and my hunt was over a 7;45AM .The 270 Win did its job taking the Buck at a Whopping 30 Yards . Good luck to you this season Buddy!!!!
Old man blind….maybe common sense blind….tree climbing in the dark is never fun, part of the reason I still hunt 😂

I hunt NH, and VT (probably ME next year) and am having a Remington 760 rebored to 35 Whelen for use as a timber gun. I was looking at a bunch of scopes and just decided less is more in my case. In poking around I honestly think my best option is also the cheapest option….VX Freedom 1.5-4.5 with the MOA ring reticle. Looks awesome for shots on game running at close range. Not bad for 299 with a lifetime warranty!