best whitetail deer bullet

What is the best bullet for whitetail deer with 80% of your shots being 150 yds or less. Some shots as close as 20 yds and some as far 400 yds. I got a 6.5 running 3150 fps.
That's a can of worms opened up right there. I just sitting back and reading the comments!!!!

In a 264 Winchester, I ran 129g Hornady Sp flat base, with IMR 4831 with Rem 9 1/2, shot the barrel out with this load. Many deer died with this load, and the bullet acted just like a nosler partition, speed was 3150 fps, no where near a max load.

Running low bc cup and core bullets does not make you seem too up to date on the latest and greatest, but the 129g Hornady Sp is a bullet that just performs at this speed on deer. I now shoot the 129g Hornady in a 6.5/06 at the same speed with R#22 in amazingly small groups.

I was running 124 grain Hammers out of a 6.5 PRC at 3390fps and it just flattened deer and antelope. Now, I did not shoot any at twenty yards as the country I hunt in does not allow me to get that close but it hit like Thor's hammer when the rifle went off. Just bang flop, over.