Best 243 bullet for deer?

The pla

Hahahaha. The problem is my son tells her in an excited way. Because after they're tumbled he likes to help me…we dump it all back on the sheet and he assists by holding the magnet and passing over the bullets with it to pick up all the bbs. He loves it so much. I don't wish to discourage this haha.
My kids always begged me to help load shells until they were actually big enough to load their own. They both somehow learned to disappear until time to shoot them. Still do. They learned it is work and they claim they are just too busy. I'm just thankful they both still want to hang out and hunt with me.

My kids always begged me to help load shells until they were actually big enough to load their own. They both somehow learned to disappear until time to shoot them. Still do. They learned it is work and they claim they are just too busy. I'm just thankful they both still want to hang out and hunt with me.
As soon as he is big enough to start shooting, prime and charge his cases. Put the case in the press and let him put the bullet on top and seat it. My girls did that and it was a big deal shooting the bullets "They" loaded. It all was a hoot before puberty. Then they both were nearly 25 before we were friends again....

Calvin45, I have a Grandson the same age as your Son. We can keep notes.....
Nice! We got a whole circus going on here haha. 4 year old, 3 year old, and one year twins. Growing like weeds of course. The oldest just shot up two inches in two months. I have no desire to force them to share my interests but have only jokingly stated that at least half of them need to come hunting with me in the future or accept a vegetarian life 🤮. With the price of groceries these days I ain't buying all our meat from the store for a family of six. Hunter/gardener family.

Nice! We got a whole circus going on here haha. 4 year old, 3 year old, and one year twins. Growing like weeds of course. The oldest just shot up two inches in two months. I have no desire to force them to share my interests but have only jokingly stated that at least half of them need to come hunting with me in the future or accept a vegetarian life 🤮. With the price of groceries these days I ain't buying all our meat from the store for a family of six. Hunter/gardener family.
I learned a long time ago it doesn't matter much where you take them or what you do when you get there. Its all about taking them with you. I never went anywhere but work without at least one kid in tow. That is the very best advise I could ever give you on any subject. In 63 years That is one of the very most important things I have ever learned and can pass on to anyone who will listen.

any one use 7828 in thier 243 with 100 grain bullets
Yep. It works with that weight just fine and you basically can't overcharge. But heck hodgdon has load data for 8133 doing great with 100s…some would say 7828 is too slow burn rate…they are wrong. Of course you can get the same velocities with a lighter charge of 4350-4831 burn rate range of powders but there's something I like about 100 % case fill and no overpressure.

I've been using either the Hornady GMX or Barnes TTSX, both are 80 grain. Running them @ 3200fps with Superformance powder. Could probably max the load out, but the results speak for themselves using a few grains under max.

When my nephew uses my Remington model 7 predator in 243 I have him using Federal 85 grain Barnes Triple-shocks of course the deer dont like it. LOL
My long-time friend drew out on an elk tag in Utah 5 years ago. He only ever hunted with me and that was for coyotes and bobcats. The only gun he owns is a beautiful old Sako L579 Custom in .243 Win. With it he is an incredible shot.

Against the advice of his outfitter, he showed up with his .243. I had loaded some Barnes 85 gr TSX for him. He shot a nice 5 point bull at 140 yards. He hit the bull 3 times, all 3 shots thru the chest. The bull walked about 15 yards and tipped over dead.

The post-mortem showed that any one of the 3 hits would have resulting in the bull's rapid demise.

Not the ideal caliber for elk, but with a good bullet, plenty adequate for deer.

My long-time friend drew out on an elk tag in Utah 5 years ago. He only ever hunted with me and that was for coyotes and bobcats. The only gun he owns is a beautiful old Sako L579 Custom in .243 Win. With it he is an incredible shot.

Against the advice of his outfitter, he showed up with his .243. I had loaded some Barnes 85 gr TSX for him. He shot a nice 5 point bull at 140 yards. He hit the bull 3 times, all 3 shots thru the chest. The bull walked about 15 yards and tipped over dead.

The post-mortem showed that any one of the 3 hits would have resulting in the bull's rapid demise.

Not the ideal caliber for elk, but with a good bullet, plenty adequate for deer.
My load for him was:

85 gr TSX
New Lapua brass
CCI 200 primer
43.5 gr RL-16
standard SAAMI COAL of 2.646"

for an MV of 32500 ft/sec.