Is the 243 the best whitetail deer cartridge?

Personally I like the 120mm but moving the turret on the tank usually spooks them.
1698879561973.jpeg

This is the biggest troll thread. Some dude pulled the pin, lobbed the grenade, and walked away 42 pages ago. Yet I get sucked in every time. I'm going to start a thread to discuss threads in tired of seeing.

Highfinblue, you should try the Speer 85g btsp, it is a deer bullet! I don't know if or when we will ever see the sierra 85g bthp again, if ever.

In a 24" barrel, I am shooting R#26 with CCI 250 with the 100g Hornady btsp at 3170 fps, amazing accuracy with that speed in a barrel with some wear on it. A friend with a 26" barrel is getting 3200+ with the Hornady 100g btsp with R#26, and cci 250 seems to be the primer to use for the smallest groups in this case.
I'm getting 3100 with a Ruger #1 Stainless and a Remington CDL 25" @ 24" Hornady BTSP & 4831SC zero pressure signs 😀
Wish I could find RL26🥹

This is the biggest troll thread. Some dude pulled the pin, lobbed the grenade, and walked away 42 pages ago. Yet I get sucked in every time. I'm going to start a thread to discuss threads in tired of seeing.
I'm a thinking that, we can easily get to 600 Posts,.. IF, we try hard enough,.. LOL !
If I wasn't using, a 6.5 Creed-moor, nowadays,.. I'd buy me, a .270 Win and shoot 130 grain Corelockts for, Deer !
The ole' .270 Win. has probably Killed, near as many Deer as,.. the ole' .30-30 !
Bye,.. I'm, Out !

Yup, my serious opinions were logged many moons ago in pages 1-10 or so. I love the 243, and the 6.5 and the 270… and a lot of other stuff too so most of the time I come out a winner on these… at least in my head I won

Trade or give away 😂that Needmore for a 270
I think the .270 Win. WAS, the "Creedmoor" of THAT era ( 1945 to 1960's ) due to, Flat Trajectory and LIGHT Recoil with, 130 grainers !
Plus, it was Promoted Heavily by, Jack O' Connor.
Me, I mostly shot an ole' converted, $17.50, NRA, Springfield 03A3, .30-06 with, 150 gr Hornady's and later, Partitions .
After, the .30-06 I went to, a German MK-V, Left Hand, .270 Weatherby Mag. and, I was IN,.. Tall Cotton !

Last edited: