best whitetail deer bullet

one of my biggest white tail bucks i ever shot had huge horns will score around 200 non-typical and dress 217 lbs. , i shot this old buck at 30 feet with a Swift A-Frame 100 gr. bullet up his bung hole / Texas heart shot i had no choice he was running fast and lost very little meat that old buck went right down dead. i have always had great success with Swift A-Frames and Nosler Partitions better than any other bullet made but these new Hammer bullets just might be another great bullet of choice too?

The old answer to the old question from the OP, is to run heavy in order to slow it down. This is what we all learned, for good reason. Cup and core bullets will tend to struggle with high velocity impacts. ( @FEENIX can define this.). Particularly impacts above 3000 fps. There is a good chance that bullet will come undone and not penetrate well enough. Heavier cup and core have more bullet to hopefully have enough left after blowing up to still penetrate.

The new answer to the old question. I would run light for caliber as fast as possible. Running Hammers we don't have issues of bullets coming undone at high velocity. Impacts of 4000 fps will still retain the same weight as low velocity. Now the fast light bullet will give the tremendous shock on impact from the shedding of the nose petals, and still penetrate deeply, ensuring that you get to the vitals, even on angled shots. Speed kills when you use a bullet designed for high velocity. (The Hammer police @FEENIX can clarify my definitions)

The old answer to the old question from the OP, is to run heavy in order to slow it down. This is what we all learned, for good reason. Cup and core bullets will tend to struggle with high velocity impacts. ( @FEENIX can define this.). Particularly impacts above 3000 fps. There is a good chance that bullet will come undone and not penetrate well enough. Heavier cup and core have more bullet to hopefully have enough left after blowing up to still penetrate.

The new answer to the old question. I would run light for caliber as fast as possible. Running Hammers we don't have issues of bullets coming undone at high velocity. Impacts of 4000 fps will still retain the same weight as low velocity. Now the fast light bullet will give the tremendous shock on impact from the shedding of the nose petals, and still penetrate deeply, ensuring that you get to the vitals, even on angled shots. Speed kills when you use a bullet designed for high velocity. (The Hammer police @FEENIX can clarify my definitions)
I Concur

I have wacked —a lot of deer—I mean a lot with a 117 RN 257 bullet..not saying it is the best—but will take the Pepsi challenge with most on sheer numbers. This is exotic deer like axis, and whitetail on control…not the most aerodynamic—but effective

my 257 Weatherby mag. custom rifle is a Ruger #1 with a 27 inch Brux barrel this rifle shoots well at a speed of 3800 FPS been using this rifle for 15 -20 years now .when i shoot a bigger buck Whitetail or Mule deer buck the shock when that bullet hits that animal is electriflying they most of the time go down dead. i have never seen a slower bigger grained bullet do what speed does with a good lighter grained bullet . as we all say at my camp is : speed kills !

1. Deer aren't made of armor 2. If We are that worried about meat damage…bow hunt. 3. As a hunter my number 1 priority is to put the deer down NOW. High shoulder/CNS will make this happen no matter what bullet is used. When I was younger I thought I needed the latest and greatest new bullet…inside of 300yds use what your gun tells you to use. Spend less time searching the internet for the best bullet and spend more time at the range; developing a close relationship with your rifle. Do that and good things will happen.