WhiteTail Bullet

Normally I would recommend my favorite all time deer bullet which is the Sierra 165gn HPBT game king. I am in the process of switching over to the Nosler ABLR. Shot deer with the .284 168gn this year out of the 7mag at 2950fps near and far and they are very impressive. Expansion was great at 400 and they held together great at 80yds (sierras suffered here). I currently have a load worked up in the 300wsm and 30-06 with the .30 cal 168 ABLR. They don't get a lot of love here but I think they are the perfect all around deer bullet. High BC,hold together great at close range and expand well at long range.

Lolol! Always forget to look at dates…. Talking about bullets for deer never gets old.

I seem to do that myself. Glad I'm not the only one.
On the topic, I like or the Barnes .
I'm using 165 gr ttsx. So far to date DRT. Just dropped a doe. First of the season. I need some meat. Tired of waiting on that nice rack that comes out after dark.
Freezer is empty and the season end is close.

A 308 or a 270 firing factory TTSX or ELD-X will kill a deer at that range.

I'd be more worried about POI than leaning on a magnum cartridge stuffed with a magic bullet.

Does a Muley count.....if so, 270 grain TSX.....DRT 😉 ! OK, went about 6 feet! Behind the shoulder @ about 300 yards.....near zero meat loss! memtb

Last edited: