Best State for Mule Deer?

Can't speak for Id and Wy, but 190 inch deer in MT are pretty few and far between, even in the exceptional hard to draw areas, I know several muley crazy guys that take up to 2 weeks a year and travel up to 7 hours to hunt and have yet to break 180.
In the past 3 seasons I have put in 3-4 that time and had a 4 buck 180 average, gross. With preditors high, big snow winter last, 20 days this Nov. 53 season and saw 5 bucks, woulnt let my kid shoot the biggest, totally pathetic, and I JUST STARTED hunting muley about 5 years ago. I was a whitey nut and elk.Some draw areas in MT are producing the 200" hard access w/ private and not refering to bearpaw, those deer dont seem to carry much mass typically

I would have to ditto what DURAK says only it would pertain to Idaho----there are no deer here. There are MUCH better states to go................

A few yrs. back I walked up on a 180 perfect straight typical, unfortunately I only had a ID ELK tag in pocket. I was about 1 1/2 from MT , border, home state. I picked up a guy and drove him to top. He was MT THIS,MT THAT, pointing at ridges. He was outa state and friend hunting below in drainage, THATS when I told him "YOUR IN ID''. He looked like a doe caught in the head lights:cool:

I would have to ditto what DURAK says only it would pertain to Idaho----there are no deer here. There are MUCH better states to go................

That is a pretty broad statement. I will assume there are places you just haven't looked yet in the state of Idaho. Everyone that knows where the good bucks are have shut up and I agree with that.

Biggest Deer I ever saw was in CO by Pagosa Springs it was a monster watched it for 30+ minutes while elk hunting bigger than any on the wall in Cabelas I wished I would of had a deer tag.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.