Best State to Hunt Mule Deer?

Northern Idaho
You can purchase a tag over the counter and hunt Public land and see almost no one. Lots of Nice bucks................Great Place. Last year we only saw a guy cutting wood. Lots of really nice bucks.

No Nevada Love....................I live in Nevada but Hunt Idaho. For some strange reason I just like getting a tag every year. Nevada use to have some great later in the year deer hunts. Then NDOW decided that Money was more important than sound Game Management. Nevada is plaged with no rain and massive brush fires that have done long lasting damage to Deer winter Range. Plus Nevada is looking in the Face of Sage Grouse BLM land closures. That will wipe out a lot of area's to hunt if and when the Sage Grouse goes on the Federal Endangered list.
I use to hunt area 16 when the deer herds were massive and I could draw a tag everyyear. Plus Nevada refused to address the Predator issue. They did do a Predator Management program in Northern Washoe County and the Buck population went way up. To many liberals in Nevada Now ...................

Plus Nevada is looking in the Face of Sage Grouse BLM land closures. That will wipe out a lot of area's to hunt if and when the Sage Grouse goes on the Federal Endangered list.

Plus Nevada refused to address the Predator issue. They did do a Predator Management program in Northern Washoe County and the Buck population went way up. To many liberals in Nevada Now ...................

Predator management is the only thing that will help the sage grouse also.

The first thing you need to understand about the Sage Grouse is that the Issue is not the Sage Grouse it is Land Control. Nevada Dept of Wildlife studies have shown a increase in Grouse populations its just that the end results that the Federal Dept Of Wildlife is after is land Closeures. They could care less about the Sage Grouse.

The first thing you need to understand about the Sage Grouse is that the Issue is not the Sage Grouse it is Land Control. Nevada Dept of Wildlife studies have shown a increase in Grouse populations its just that the end results that the Federal Dept Of Wildlife is after is land Closeures. They could care less about the Sage Grouse.

Absolutely correct, it's not about turtles, jaguar, smelt, lynx, caribou, wolves, or spotted owls. Just different excuses in different locales to take the public, out of public land.

Back to mule deer, rant over.

Another scary thing Is that there are Four supreme court justices that believe that the second amendment does not give the right to individuals to keep and bear arms. All Obama has to do is have one more retire and he will appoint the fifth anti gun justice to the Supreme court and it all over for Gun ownership in America. Its up to the Supreme Court....................I don't think we realize just how close we are to total gun control.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.