Best deer scope

Like you ,I also own, two VX3 4.5 X to 14X . Getting a Custom Turret made for the one with the 30 mm Main tube. Kenton Industries I think. Calibrated for use with a .30 Cal 180 Grn Nosler Partition at 3000 fps, from my 300 Weatherby mag . I also Own an VX3 8.5X to 25 X which is on my 270 Weatherby Mag. I have re adjusted the elevation Turret to work with the 130 Grn Nosler Ballistic tip , at 3300fps.That scope is a Wind Plex and I will use that set up at the Bang Steel Shooting School ( 1200 Yards ) again this year, and the deer hunt in N. Carolina Bean Fileds, where a 500 Yard shot is very possible. That scope is too much scope for whitetail where I usually hunt in W. Virg.
Lenny, I also have possibly 500 yard shots if I determine I'm capable. I have open fields and large forest clearcuts up to 800 yards long. We'll see what happens but I doubt 3-18 power is too much. I'm primarily a tree stand or ground blind hunter.

Yes Scott !!! That is really Great, I am confident 8.5 X to 25 X will be great at the medium and longer ranges I expect to shoot in N Carolina. I meant that that particular scope is way too much for my usual 100 Yard deer shooting in West Virginia. T he 2.5X to 8X is adequate for that. Now that they make VX 5 ,in 3 X to 15X would have been incredible. Perhaps Santa is reading these posts and he knows what I would like. Ima Ground Blind Hunter as well , and I always use a Caldwell Tripod, or a Bog Death Grip Carbon, in the Blind!!!The outfitter said they will set up a Ground Blind for me along the Bean Filed in North Carolina this year. Last year the put me in the "OLD MAN Elevated Box Blind " cause I was afraid to climb up a tree in the dark. The plan was to get me out of the Old Man blind about 10 am the put me a much better blind, but an 11 point buck came up the trail and my hunt was over a 7;45AM .The 270 Win did its job taking the Buck at a Whopping 30 Yards . Good luck to you this season Buddy!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_4728 (1) Thornbury NC  1st Morning.  11 Point Buck.jpg
    IMG_4728 (1) Thornbury NC 1st Morning. 11 Point Buck.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 63
Yes Scott !!! That is really Great, I am confident 8.5 X to 25 X will be great at the medium and longer ranges I expect to shoot in N Carolina. I meant that that particular scope is way too much for my usual 100 Yard deer shooting in West Virginia. T he 2.5X to 8X is adequate for that. Now that they make VX 5 ,in 3 X to 15X would have been incredible. Perhaps Santa is reading these posts and he knows what I would like. Ima Ground Blind Hunter as well , and I always use a Caldwell Tripod, or a Bog Death Grip Carbon, in the Blind!!!The outfitter said they will set up a Ground Blind for me along the Bean Filed in North Carolina this year. Last year the put me in the "OLD MAN Elevated Box Blind " cause I was afraid to climb up a tree in the dark. The plan was to get me out of the Old Man blind about 10 am the put me a much better blind, but an 11 point buck came up the trail and my hunt was over a 7;45AM .The 270 Win did its job taking the Buck at a Whopping 30 Yards . Good luck to you this season Buddy!!!!
Thanks Lenny! And good luck to you. Last years 8 point stood in a logging road just a little too long so I gues I was blessed. I'm not sure what this year will bring but I'm started to get excited.

I've got a new VX5 3-15x44 ready to mount to a new .280AI build (whenever that gets done). It is better glass than the VX3 but not by a whole lot. I bought it new from a forum member, solid deal.

I would take a really close look at the Swarovski z5's… they are very bright, crisp and clear scopes. I love the schmidt bender klassik as well but if you're leaning toward illuminated the Swarovski z5 for less than 2k would be my choice. The Leupolds are not as crisp and clear to me. I ordered a leupold HD5 from europtic last week just to try it out. Pulled it out of the box and there's wasn't any comparison to my Schmidt bender and Swarovskis I have. I returned the leupold as europtic has a 15 day money back guarantee and immediately ordered another Swarovski!!

My only reason to step up to the VX6 is the Reticle. I can get the illuminated B&C with the VX6.
That is the scope we put on my sons rifle but we went with the fire dot. I completely understand if that's what you want you should go for it.