Best “simple” rangefinder with MOA

Eland Slayer

Are there any rangefinders under $1,000 that allow you to upload your rifle's ballistic profile and give you an instant readout with MOA holdover (inside the viewfinder)? If so, which models should I be looking at? I've tried researching this on my own but it is a little overwhelming and confusing. I am not interested in using an app or Bluetooth in the field.

Thanks in advance.

Sig is probably the best bang for your buck. download the profile from your phone then its good to go out to 800 yards on the lower end models.
There are quite a few Sig models….which one are you referring to? If you're referring to the BDX line, I believe the cheaper models are only compatible with the BDX scopes and don't provide MOA readouts. But I could be wrong (this has been an incredibly confusing subject to research)

I have the Sig Kilo5k. Well under your budgeted amount and provides Applied Ballistics elevation and windage solutions in your choice of moa or mils. One downside is that ballistic solutions are only available to 800 yards unless paired with a Sig BDX scope or kestrel. I run mine with a kestrel so that was not a concern for me, but may be a deal breaker for you.

I have a Bushnell Nitro 1800 that I have been very pleased with. I keep it in my pickup for quick shots on coyotes, no need for a paired app while using it. Just load your profile and go. I got the Applied Ballistics version as it comes with custom curve models for bullets. Has been spot on with the dope when compared to my Kestrel which it will also link up with. You have to use the app to load the profiles but after that, you're good to go. I think the unit was $300, but the AB version was $500? It's been a while since I purchased it, so don't quote me on that. Good luck

There are quite a few Sig models….which one are you referring to? If you're referring to the BDX line, I believe the cheaper models are only compatible with the BDX scopes and don't provide MOA readouts. But I could be wrong (this has been an incredibly confusing subject to research)
Yes, I have a 1800 BDX I believe and it provides your correction, mil or moa n the display, as well as windage for a preset speed and direction.

I had a generation 1 , G7 BR2 rangefinder . it does everything it's self . you program all your info into the rangefinder and it gives you the corrections needed . no bluetooth , no apps . it gives you dope out to 1400 yards . the gen 1 was MOA only . the Gen 2 gave mils , or MOA . I never had a problem with mine , and I don't think I read about too many of them failing . they are big to carry .

did you see this one ;

I currently have a BR 2 and a BR 2500 both great units I've had the br2 for I don't know seven years eight years never had a problem , The only complaint is there a little on the large side the new BR 4is much smaller

Leopold has a very simple range finder that allows for default selection of multiple gun profiles. The default profiles are not your exact gun profile but may be close enough for your purposes. Ranges out to 1,000 yards. Costs a couple of $100's.

The Revic BR4 is a little north of that price point, but absolutely solid choice. It programs via Bluetooth, but you don't need any connection after that. You can even true profiles in the device if needed.