Best rangefinder??????

Sand bags work well too. But at 400 yards and with the size of the beam in the bushnells you should be ranging road signs easily.

Maybe she needs new batts?

Jeff

Yea what jeff said "batts"!

In my Leica 1600 after a couple of weeks of playing around testing, it started lieing to me! Well, the Duracell {good till 2019} that came with it was replaced and it was right back ON! Don't know if when you knock the top 20 % of the power out of the battery the unit will start to lie a littke bit or not. I would not think so cause it should give the max volts till it says "uncle". I remember some one telling me this year that they found that Duracell (my favorites) with his experience - were not the best to use in high-tech stuff?

Well, I got a Bushy 1000 ARC from good ole Cabelas (I live about 2 miles from the store and it's a wallet magnet.....:)).

I needed a new set of bino's becaue I've been using my wife's 30 year old pair of somethings that weigh about 10 pounds and are always fuzzy (maybe a good thing...):)

I got the package with the Bushy ARC1000, the H2O bino's and a game knife set that was actually sharp...actually razor sharp.

The bino's ain't bad, actually pretty good and lightweight. The game set has a nice saw for cutting down saplings (I presume) and...

The ARC has ballistic tables built in and ranges (a yield sign) at 990 yards. I compared it to my cousins' Swaro and the Bushy was always within a yard.

It acquires really fast and it is readible in low light.

Not bad for 230 bucks.

A lot of this stuff has gotten cheap enough that it can readily become landfill filler if it don't work.

Interestingly, scopes have actually increased in cost, at least good ones.

Trashco's were always cheap.....

I´m satisfied of that Victory PRF 8x26, it´s more economy that Leica or Swaro. That Zeiss is made in Japan.
picture.php

I have the Leica Geovid binoculars with the built in rangefinder. They will range a deer to 1200 yards with no problem if you can hold the square on them steady enough. They are awesome.

If it will not range a road sign past 400 yards it is a serious paper weight. That is the worst report I have heard on any RF.

Jeff
My Leupold is worse than that.

Leupold Range finder Not accurate
I have a Leupold RX 600 range finder and it is way off.
100 yds, it is reading 92.4 yds.
200 184.8
300 273.2
400 369.6
500 462
483 is as far as it will range.

200 184.8
300 273.2
400 369.6
500 462

Dood, it is reading in meters, is there a switch or way to change it to yards?

Jeff

200 184.8
300 273.2
400 369.6
500 462

If it was me, I'd call Leupold and arrange to send it back. As a rule (in my experience, they stand behind everything 100%).....

Bought a Bushnell Elite 1500 and couldn't get it to range ANYTHING that was NOT reflective past 300-400yds. I ONCE got a reading of 1000+ on the side of a semi truck's trailer. Got tired of not being able to range anything that didn't have a mirror finish on it, so I bought the Swaro Laserguide. This unit I have only had since this past Christmas, but I have already ranged large flat rocks at over 1700yds. It is no problem to range trees out to 1000+ on sunny days. IMO cry once and buy the Swaro.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.