7rm or 300rum

The Berger 230 OTM seems insensitive when seated at mag length ~3.7ish in one of my RUM's and still get 2980 with 89.9 grains of Retumbo, great brass life. It was so accurate I didn't even mess with the higher node or a batch at single shot length and some with Reloder 33 that I'm sure I could get even more speed. I am waiting for an 8 twist barrel to shoot 227grain Hammers that have clocked ~3100 with RL33 in testing. I will always have a RUM on hand !

7 Rem Mag. I have/had both. Personally, I don't like brakes on my hunting rifles and the 300 RUM just isn't that fun to shoot without a brake if you're going to go out and put 40-60 rounds or more down range at a time. The 7RM on the other doesn't really recoil much at all and I can shoot that thing all day. Currently, my 7RM shooting the 180gr Berger Hybrid with a BC of 0.680 at 3000fps stays supersonic until just past 1800 yards. That's more than a mile. I currently don't have anywhere I can shoot near that far. So, the fact that it's way more enjoyable to shoot (both recoil and sound/concussion wise), is capable of shooting accurately further than my current skill level allows, and beyond anywhere I can physically shoot, it's a no brainer. It doesn't matter what a cartridge is capable of if the shooter isn't, and the only way to get better at shooting is to get out and shoot. So, for me since the 7 RM let's me put more rounds down range every time I go out I'd take it over the 300 RUM any day.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.