7RM or 7mm/300 win

I should also note that none of my shooting has been, or probably ever will be from a shooting bench or shooting house so to speak. All my shooting is done on a bipod, prone, with a rear bag. This is how I shoot my test loads all the way up through hunting situations. Sometimes I wish I had a sled or something for shooting test loads to make sure any loads miss because of the gun, and not me. But I have been having good luck this way, plus it is good real practice so to speak, of a hunting situation. I just put up a target, range it, find a good spot to lay down there, and get after it.

I guess the moral of that story is the brake doesn't echo for me like it would shooting at a range from a bench or covered shooting house I guess.
To help some of yall out with southern lingo...

Shooting House - A small box with 4 walls and a roof set in the woods or on a platform above the ground for hunting.

Shooting Bench - A bench designed to shoot off of at the range. I Prefer to the bench with my Caldwell Tackdriver up front and a bag in the rear.

Now maybe this will clear up some confusion. Sorry, as we have been accused of being bass-ackwards down here in the deep south.

I figured that was what you were probably talking about. I guess I think Mt main problem is trigger control. I will put two bullets in a hole and then have a left or right that kinda changes the numbers for MOA purpose and I end up having an extra half MOA on my plate because of it. I got rid of my up and down misses with a better cheek weld and I have a pod lock so those are nice. Just gotta do some dry firing to shore up my trigger pull. At this point I am pretty sure the gun is only limited by the shooter.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.