7mm STW or 300 win

Mudrunner,

I stand corrected my comment on not being able to find STW brass. I did a brief search guess I didn't look hard enough.
Availability seems to come in waves. Where there was a serious pinch on the whole market it was fairly difficult to come by and usually sold out within hours of someone getting it in.

Things have calmed down a great deal.

Mudrunner,

I stand corrected my comment on not being able to find STW brass. I did a brief search guess I didn't look hard enough.
It's all good... Alot of people tend to forget about Midway for some reason.

Plus, let's not forget that everybody has 8mm RemMag brass in stock, and one quick trip through the 7mm STW FL sizing die, and you got STW brass. Plus, 8mmRM brass is alot cheaper.

the h@h cases are a trip through the sizer and a mild load away from being a stw also... hdy 300h@h is usually $1 a case lately.

I like both and have both... my rums are my heavy bullet rifles though, and my stw and 300 win send .400-.500 bc mid weight slugs fast for low time of flight mid range hunting.. Both my 300win and 7stw are rather whiney with heavies and heavies are like retalin to the rums so for me it's a no brainer.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.