7mm stw or 28 nosler?

I vote for 28 nosler. They are pretty hard to beat but I'd say when hand loaded they are almost even but the STW is belted which would not be a deal breaker for me as I'm currently shooting 3 rifles that are belted.
I've always been able to obtain 3200 FPS with the 28's I've had with 180 vld.
I may be wrong but I think there's more high end brass being made for the 28 which I like good brass.

I have owned a STW since the first reamers were available. The first were used for 140 to 160s, now I really like the Berger 180 hybrids around 3030 fps.

The first ones lasted 1,010 to nearly 1,300 rounds prior to needing rebarreling, but I was loading lots of different powders and bullets finding the perfect loads. I am only shooting the 180s with Retumbo now and mostly only for hunting. My current STW was built with 2 barrels on a SwitchLug build by West Texas Ordinance (WTO), so it should outlast me, son and grandson hunting.
The only con is finding quality brass to feed it.

The 28 Nosler gets the job done, but my friends have been getting 300 to 400 less count than my STW. I have not used a 28 personally, but I'm satisfied with the 7 STW as there's not a great difference.

There both pretty close to each other. I almost went with the 28 but I already had a stw and have the components already. You can get reloading components for both I just decided to have a new stw built with the right head space, barrel length and twist to shot the heavies. Now I'm getting 3200 to 3303 with 190s depending on how hard I want to work the brass. Either one you choose is a great caliber.

I've own both along with a host of other of my beloved big sevens, but I find myself favoring the 28 nosler more these days. I'm getting 3050 fps with a 195 berger eol, 26" benchmark barrel. There is also the benefit of brass being more readily available for the nosler. If shooting 160-180 grain bullets is your goal then I might look at the good ol 7mm rem mag or hold out for the 7mm prc.

I have a 7/300 built by Howard wolf and it won't run heavy 7 Bullets near as fast as my 28. I have run 195 Berger's a 3263 but it was hard on brass and shot them well. So I decided to back it down to approximately 3050 with 195's. Down side is barrel life. I use it for one thing and that is seek and destroy.