7mm PRC

Interestingly, Reviewing data from my Rem 7mag shooting the 145 LRX with RL26 71.2g, I'm getting essentially the same results (3180fps, 3/4 MOA out to 600y) as crashlanding shooting HH143g with his 7PRC.
I realize the difference is that the 7 PRC is capable of shooting the heavies (and I want one). But not enough currently to rebarrel a perfectly good 7RM, especially since I also have a 28 Nosler.

Cartridge base to ogive
Crash, looking at your 7mm PRC load data/target. Did you really have a CBTO of 3.661? Or COAL? You must have a very long magazine in that Seekins.
IMG_2158.jpeg
IMG_2159.jpeg

Seekins carbon fiber magazine

Dial caliper….now I see!
I'm used to zeroing a digital and losing an inch off the number basically.
All same same. Awesome looking load there
regardless
Your right Phil, I'm still old school in some regards, my calipers have worked well for the last 37 years, they still seem to work well so I see no point in giving them up, yet, I'm always open to change when it comes to reloading. Sorry for the confusion

You will have a better chance of finding fairy wings right now, than 7STW brass, or ammo. 7PRC is a little better. Think what is going to happen two or more years from now. What cartridge is going to be available, or the components of ? Don't back yourself into a spot where you have to set the rifle aside because you have nothing to feed it.
Well you could buy 300 or 340 Wetherby brass and neck it down to 7mm very easily.
Then you will have an older version of the 7 STW.
The 7x300 Wetherby is what caused the death of the 6.5x300 Wetherby for long range hunters, after Hornady introduced their 162 gr bthp bullet in the late 60s.
The BC of the original bullet was .725.
About 5 years later for some reason they redesigned the bullet and reduced the BC by about 100.
I still have a box or so of the originals and quite a few of the gen. 2 version.
Put the 2 bullets side by side and there is a noticeable difference in the shape of them.
But the fact is that even the one with the lower BC shoots flatter out to 1200 yards in both my 7x300 and my grandsons 7mm ultra mag than a 180 Berger does.
So ask yourself how far has your longest kill has been?
And if you expect one longer, best to get more gun to start with anyway.

I really want a 7mm PRC, but just for Long Range Target Shooting. I own a .270 Weatherby Mag and a .300 Weatherby Mag, for LR Hunting. I'm looking at the Browning X Bolt Hells Canyon Max Long Range . Stock has a vertical Grip, and it come with a 26 inch barrel with an 8 twist and a Muzzle break. It seems to have all the features I THINK I need ,for that 7PRC cartridge. I will try to find Bushing dies, in that caliber. I wonder if RCBS makes them yet?? I also will ask Forester if they make a seating stem suitable for long VLD style bullets in their Micrometer Seating dies. Might be a custom option. From Listening to you guys, I see the issue is finding 7 PRC Brass. I'm guessing this cartridge will also require the use of LR Mag primers??? I'm Hooked !!

Interesting read here about the 7mm PRC if you can Wade through....weed past all the 6mm talk at first of the article. Basically what I gather is it's faster and can shoot heavier bullets than a 7mm but not as fast as the 28 nosler and above the same as my current 7mm stw. I can't shoot as heavy of a bullet due to my 1:9.25 twist but other than that about the same. Your thoughts??
My thoughts? I don't see any reason to compromise on case capacity in a 7MM. Just get a 28 Nosler with an action that's equipped for 3.850" magazine length, and you'll be all set up for 7mm.

My thoughts? I don't see any reason to compromise on case capacity in a 7MM. Just get a 28 Nosler with an action that's equipped for 3.850" magazine length, and you'll be all set up for 7mm.
Would one consider the .233 freebore in the 28 nosler as in the 7prc?