7mm PRC

Spot on my friend, my 7wsm out ran this prc by 100 fps with 140-150 class bullets using cheap components. And in theory (sales marketing), with the twist it carries on factory guns it should shoot those heavy factories better than a rem mag but in my findings and reading every post on this site about the prc, more guys than not aren't getting those numbers. It's a good cartridge, but Hornady and their minions pumped it up to be something it's not, rainbows and unicorns
No one is getting a 7PRC to shoot 140 grain fodder.
Why bother?

I shoot a 7 LRM, which is longer, base to neck, than the 7PRC.
People have said, "it won't do anything that the 7RM cannot do." I'll politely disagree. I wore out my 7 Mag -- the twist rate wasn't fast enough for heavies, and I much prefer loading non-rimmed cases.

You will have a better chance of finding fairy wings right now, than 7STW brass, or ammo. 7PRC is a little better. Think what is going to happen two or more years from now. What cartridge is going to be available, or the components of ? Don't back yourself into a spot where you have to set the rifle aside because you have nothing to feed it.
I've had success converting 300 PRC brass to 7 LRM. Don't know why you couldn't do the same for making 7 PRC.
with the Peterson brass supposedly being a harder brass
I find Peterson brass to be softer than Lapua. I like it, but nothing has convinced me that it's as great as everyone says. I converted some Peterson 300 PRC brass to 7LRM and after two firings, some of the cases are giving no resistance when seating primers.
Luckily H1000 seems to be more and more available lately. I haven't gotten any yet but hopefully we'll have a better supply of it.
I never could get Retumbo to shoot to a satisfactory accuracy or repeatability in my 7 LRM. Finally scored some H1000, and found the same -- 1moa at best. On a lark, I tried H4831 and was pleasantly surprised at the results -- 1/3 MOA at 300 yards.

I never could get Retumbo to shoot to a satisfactory accuracy or repeatability in my 7 LRM. Finally scored some H1000, and found the same -- 1moa at best. On a lark, I tried H4831 and was pleasantly surprised at the results -- 1/3 MOA at 300 yards.
Yup you just never know what a barrel might like.

Spot on my friend, my 7wsm out ran this prc by 100 fps with 140-150 class bullets using cheap components. And in theory (sales marketing), with the twist it carries on factory guns it should shoot those heavy factories better than a rem mag but in my findings and reading every post on this site about the prc, more guys than not aren't getting those numbers. It's a good cartridge, but Hornady and their minions pumped it up to be something it's not, rainbows and unicorns
And on a short action!

I shoot a 7 LRM, which is longer, base to neck, than the 7PRC.
People have said, "it won't do anything that the 7RM cannot do." I'll politely disagree. I wore out my 7 Mag -- the twist rate wasn't fast enough for heavies, and I much prefer loading non-rimmed cases.

Just because you prefer a non-rimmed case toa. Rimmed case has nothing to do with the 7 RM being able to do what the 7 PRC can do performance wise.

No one is getting a 7PRC to shoot 140 grain fodder.
Why bother?
IMG_2118.jpeg

I did, with exceptional accuracy

Received email from The Extreme Store that 7 prc ADG brass is available for sale. Limited to four packs/ boxes. What have others on this site noted on the difference between ADG and Peterson?