USPS Messed up AGAIN

Theft is theft. Accepting it breeds more theft. Its time to speak up EVERY time it occurs and keep foot on gas. Write you US REPS, calls are not documentation.

I have green address sign in front of my house, 8" numbers on garage, 3" reflective numbers on mailbox. And yet, we cannot locate address.

🐂💩

The only time I have lost a package at USPS was when ordering from Midway USA and they do that thing were they ship it UPS to the closest large USPS hub and they take it from there. It ultimately gets lost at that hub and I end up getting it a month later. Its happened 3 times and I no longer order from Midway USA and has not happen since

I live in a small town and all of the USPS employees live in my town so they are my neighbors. The closest FEDEX hub is 50 miles away and they deliver to my house. They aren't my neighbors and it shows with their service.

I felt so bad a couple of weeks ago. The USPS driver delivered a package to my house and I was talking to him and he asked if I had taken care of that wasp nest. I had no idea what he was talking about. He said he went to put a package on my front porch and he got tagged on the forehead by a wasp. He showed me a picture. His face was all swollen up. I don't know how he was able to see out of his eyes. They were both swollen shut. I felt so bad and apologized again and again. I promised him he would never have to worry about that again. The USPS guys in my town have my gratitude and total support.

People want to complain about having to bail out the USPS but they don't want to address what is causing it. They would rather flush it down the toilet than deal with the problem which seems to be a common solution these days. The Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act of 2006 made it impossible for the USPS to be able to be self sustainable. Congress created this. They made it so the USPS paid all healthcare and retirement benefits for 50 years in advance for all of their employees. How many businesses would have to shut their doors today if we made that a law for all businesses? We would go into another great depression.

T
The Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act of 2006 made it impossible for the USPS to be able to be self sustainable. Congress created this. They made it so the USPS paid all healthcare and retirement benefits for 50 years in advance for all of their employees. How many businesses would have to shut their doors today if we made that a law for all businesses? We would go into another great depression.
I had read that it was 75 years, regardless, either is ridiculous. The mandate requires the Postal Service to prefund its retiree health care benefits 75 years in advance, paying for retirement health care for individuals who haven't been born yet, let alone entered the workforce.

ThinkN some of these postal delivery guys and gals, find something along the route that they are not 100% okay, getting too near. Might be a dog that barks hello to them, and delivery guy's afraid of dogs. Who knows? That's probably when they leave package nearby, at ur most trustworthy looking neighbor's house. They probably feel, hey with the pitbull loose in their yard ,that's pretty close, this lady will bring over to them, when they get home from work.
No pit in my yard. Just a friendly Boston Terrier inside not one of those innocent delivery people have seen in my case. Maybe it's because they are to lazy to turn around in a wide turn spot. Who knows.

Ha.Ha. yep the scope left in the tree is pretty good one! They're trying to deliver stuff on time, nearly made it that day. Nice that it got to Ya tho!

....I added a mailbox electronic chime to few years ago that sends signal to house when mailbox is opened. One of the best improvements we ever did. It goes off with loud beeps in a multi beep 4 segment. Man it is loud. Nice confirmation when USPS is at mailbox for immediate follow up.
Oh, oh, oh......what is the link to this? Please!!!

Disregard....love Amazon.com

On order

Last edited:
USPS did it again. We ordered some upgrade parts for our 10/22. The USPS Tracking shows "Delivered to Mailbox". Text and email messaged show delivered along with the order from the seller. Two packages and NOTHING in the mailbox, outside our garage or on the front deck. we have one Postal Person (male) that is really good. He will drive onto our property and deliver the packages to our house. If it is on his day off/weekend and there is a substitute, good luck getting even an envelope. I am sure the packages were delivered to the wrong house, but that can be anywhere on the route.
Now I have to go through the whole process with the seller to replacement or refund. The seller picked the shipping process.
At this point if you want to get your package you need to go UPS. I found FEDX was just as bad if not worse than USPS.
We also did get a fair amount of items from Amazon and they had Amazon Delivery trucks. This past year we have been seeing all our Amazon come through USPS and MISSING packages.
UPDATE!!!
We had two packages missing and Tracking #s as delivered.
I did mention that we do have one GOOD Postal Person and whenever a replacement comes in packages and mail is lost. Well just had a knock on our door. It was our regular Postal Person. He was holding sever packages and said he was on the other side of town and there were some packages in a mailbox. He noticed that my name and address (the lost packages from this weekend) were on them. Since he was on way to my area, he drove up the driveway and knocked on the door and personally delivered. He said he was sorry they were delivered to the wrong house. I said that it was not his fault and thanked him for always delivering packages to our house and not leaving them by the roadside. He said that the quality of replacement postal workers is very poor. He thinks that maybe they can't read and don't want to work. He said every time he is off a day, the next day he gets a lot of complaints for missing mail.
There are some good people working for the USPS, but I think that it should be turned into a Private Delivery Service and get the government out of it.

UPDATE!!!
We had two packages missing and Tracking #s as delivered.
I did mention that we do have one GOOD Postal Person and whenever a replacement comes in packages and mail is lost. Well just had a knock on our door. It was our regular Postal Person. He was holding sever packages and said he was on the other side of town and there were some packages in a mailbox. He noticed that my name and address (the lost packages from this weekend) were on them. Since he was on way to my area, he drove up the driveway and knocked on the door and personally delivered. He said he was sorry they were delivered to the wrong house. I said that it was not his fault and thanked him for always delivering packages to our house and not leaving them by the roadside. He said that the quality of replacement postal workers is very poor. He thinks that maybe they can't read and don't want to work. He said every time he is off a day, the next day he gets a lot of complaints for missing mail.
There are some good people working for the USPS, but I think that it should be turned into a Private Delivery Service and get the government out of it.
Awesome!! Still like the old US Mail delivery,with the Post Office in every town. Glad ya got ur stuff.

Some bad info in this thread.

USPS receives no tax dollars. All revenue come from the sale of stamps and other products.

Reason for losses was a government mandate to fund retirement for people who they have yet to hire…, but that changed a short while back.

If you have an issue with the USPS try calling your local post office. The numbers are available online with a quick search. Speak to the postmaster and you'll likely get better results than doing the toll free number.
Might want to look closer to that statement. Feds give the USPS 18 Billion each year.

Recent Posts