USPS did it Again

USPS are usually known for awesome service, nationwide. Maybe try a post office box in town. They can deliver better, if they're not fighting off the dogs to reach the front door. Never have met a US Postal worker that was any less than, very helpful. Just can't see any reason to slam their workers or the USPS.
You must have family work for the PO and I am sure that they do very good work for the PO.

Pay the PO to not deliver to your house so you might get your mail in a PO BOX????

Out of all my years living in small towns in New Egland, to Honolulu, to Ellijay, GA, to Social Circle, GA the majority of the PO employees took advantage of their jobs because they were protected by Government.
There are a few exceptions like I mentioned in a former Post. Most all new PO employees do it for the not the great pay but for benefits and can't get fired for incompetence or being lazy. Our current delivery person and the one 15 years prior told us just that. He can't wait to retire because he keeps getting blamed for all the screw ups of the other lazy delivery people that were hired and don't work. Not only not work but purposely lose mail & packages.

I am at a point I will send an Air Tag to someone that I purchase a valuable item so I can track 24/7 on my own. I wish it was an option from some suppliers.
That's a great idea, maybe give the seller extra $$ to put one in the box.
Won't help when the box is damaged but will at least let you track it.

How do you do that?
I would be interested in putting in a package that I send out.
Thaks
Len & Jill
I've never done it, so hopefully Muddy can chime in. I think Walmart sells the Apple air tag. Probably just activate it and watch where it goes?

Won't help if someone opens the box and steals the contents but would help if it's simply lost.

Especially if I was shipping a gun or expensive items it'd be worth the peace of mind.

You must have family work for the PO and I am sure that they do very good work for the PO.

Pay the PO to not deliver to your house so you might get your mail in a PO BOX????

Out of all my years living in small towns in New Egland, to Honolulu, to Ellijay, GA, to Social Circle, GA the majority of the PO employees took advantage of their jobs because they were protected by Government.
There are a few exceptions like I mentioned in a former Post. Most all new PO employees do it for the not the great pay but for benefits and can't get fired for incompetence or being lazy. Our current delivery person and the one 15 years prior told us just that. He can't wait to retire because he keeps getting blamed for all the screw ups of the other lazy delivery people that were hired and don't work. Not only not work but purposely lose mail & packages.
Ha, Ha, nope no family members at Post Office. Wow, what a blanket slam US Mail. That's strange, always like going out to get the mail or going to Post Office. Good luck, going with out the USPS.

Yeah they dropped of a NX8 scope I bought off a member here in the middle of crackhead country side last week. I called a person I know over there and told them to tell all the guys over there that they have one day to get it up to the ups center or I'm bringing the sheriff posse to check houses and I don't think they want me to do that. Ups called the next day and said someone dropped it off. Lol

Definitely a C- or maybe D+ World, a good percentage of these folks just don't have a solid work ethic or take pride in personal job performance, not willing to go to extra effort to get stuff done.

We're lucky here in Monarch MT, population under 100, lazy turds don't fair well in this AO and our Post Office is squared away.
I know as a whole the usps isn't good at all but right below here in Belt we had baby ducks this spring and post office called us at 6 am when they first came in and told us we could go pick em up so they didn't have to wait!!!
Had ups do the can't deliver no such address yesterday even though i didn't change anything from prior😡

USPS here is horrible also. We get letters in the box opened, late mail almost every day, by late I mean 9pm. Our regular carrier retired 2 months ago & she would have her route finished by 5 no matter what time of year it was. Now they have 4 clowns doing 1 route & can't get it done by 9 pm. What a joke. You're right they don't give a crap & only want a check!

USPS are usually known for awesome service, nationwide. Maybe try a post office box in town. They can deliver better, if they're not fighting off the dogs to reach the front door. Never have met a US Postal worker that was any less than, very helpful. Just can't see any reason to slam their workers or the USPS.

Ha Ha, was an honest statement. Just hope ya can find a better way to get you're stuff delivered after giving up on the US Mail system out there. Nearly 100,000 Veterans currently work for USPS, they have a long history of providing opportunities to those who have previously served. Veterans, disabled Veterans, Reservists, spouses of disabled Veterans, widows of Veterans and Mothers of Veterans all receive special preference for USPS positions. So you can sure enough slam them as lazy and dishonest but, if that puts a guy backing them as being on another Planet or in another World, I'll still be in their corner 100% behind workers at USPS!

Last edited:
Right now it's pot luck if it ever gets delivered here at all. When a package sets in a USPS regional facility for a week, makes one think it's already found it's "new owner".

Our local PO was always staffed by courteous and efficient people. My letter carrier was the same guy for many years, and you got to know him personally.

Today, the office is staffed by a "newer" group that just don't care about anything and don't seem to know much. Service is terrible and the clerks have a bad attitude. I'd swear that as the line gets longer the clerk(s) slow down intentionally.

The other day I had to get a package out with insurance so I was stuck on the line behind 8-9 people. There was only one clerk at the window. A customer had some convoluted shipping issue which took 20min. Not one single person was helped while the clerk was in stall mode. The Post Master came out and asked if anyone was "picking up mail" because that was all he was able to do himself.

The Post Office is a train wreck and many of the people working there really should be the deep-fryers at McDonalds.