USPS Messed up AGAIN

I then asked what does USPS do with all the packages that are not delivered. He could not answer.
We have had (4) packages with tracking #s and were never found in the last three years. Now this makes #5 & 6!.
I bought a Mark V 5-25x from caseyfield here on the forum, he printed a USPS label and dropped the package in the deposit bin, they have it on video and he took a video of him putting it n and the door closing, you can't get it back out. Tracking showed they never received it, three trips there trying to locate it were no help, they were going to call the police, he said good I want to report a theft. Forth trip there(3 weeks after I paid) he said he was getting his package or going to jail. He got a really nice supervisor who took him in the back warehouse and he immediately spotted the box in a bin of "undeliverable as addressed" packages, of which there were thousands. Label and address were perfect, supervisor said she had no idea how that goy in there. A friend in the know told him employees can spot what's in the box, toss it in the bin, and get it after it drops off the radar.

Scopes sent thru the mail, happens all the time. If ya only lost a package or 2 a year, that's not too bad. There's quite a few bad guys out there working against USPS taking stuff, that's not the mailman"s fault. Give them a break, holy smokes! What ya get 10 things a week delivered that"s 500 a year God forbid 1 got lost!! Ya had a few redirected, that still goes in the win column, you're over 500 to 1
Hope that you are joking OR you work for USPS!

Hope that you are joking OR you work for USPS!
The way they USPS, work, just think they're good Americans, doing a great job everyday. Never workD for the outfit or any reason to make any jokes about em. Anyways, got a move on, good luck with that, only acceptable 100% delivery standard, ya run a tight ship.

USPS does not collect tax payer dollars.

They're funded solely by revenue generated by sales of services, stamps, etc.

I agree, they're a waste of time.
Unless they are at a deficit.

USPS did it again. We ordered some upgrade parts for our 10/22. The USPS Tracking shows "Delivered to Mailbox". Text and email messaged show delivered along with the order from the seller. Two packages and NOTHING in the mailbox, outside our garage or on the front deck. we have one Postal Person (male) that is really good. He will drive onto our property and deliver the packages to our house. If it is on his day off/weekend and there is a substitute, good luck getting even an envelope. I am sure the packages were delivered to the wrong house, but that can be anywhere on the route.
Now I have to go through the whole process with the seller to replacement or refund. The seller picked the shipping process.
At this point if you want to get your package you need to go UPS. I found FEDX was just as bad if not worse than USPS.
We also did get a fair amount of items from Amazon and they had Amazon Delivery trucks. This past year we have been seeing all our Amazon come through USPS and MISSING packages.
I'm sorry to hear not much has changed

Do you think they could see this?

Attachments

• AC726904-DA2F-4DCA-AB92-D437ED5CEBE4.jpeg
    AC726904-DA2F-4DCA-AB92-D437ED5CEBE4.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 30
Do you think they could see this?
Maybe? I ordered a 1000 to 1200 dollar scope, (a lot of money to me). Tracking showed it moving through for a few day's then delivered. I had no package on my porch. Where this very same had delivered many times before. My drive has a turn so you can not see the top of it. Neighbors at the top and with a parking lot for a business, then a dead end before the beginning of my drive. FedEx left it hanging on a tree branch, inside a plastic bag. Luckily my wife entering our drive saw a bag hanging on a branch. Thought it looked out of place and found it to be my package?! Crazy huh! Well it has happen 2 more times since that. Calling and trying to sort out a solution does not help. It seems to make things worse.

ThinkN some of these postal delivery guys and gals, find something along the route that they are not 100% okay, getting too near. Might be a dog that barks hello to them, and delivery guy's afraid of dogs. Who knows? That's probably when they leave package nearby, at ur most trustworthy looking neighbor's house. They probably feel, hey with the pitbull loose in their yard ,that's pretty close, this lady will bring over to them, when they get home from work.

The post office like any of the other carriers is only as good as their employees. I have been fortunate that usps in my area has done a good job. I would much rather get a package delivered by the usps than fedex.

People want to get rid of the usps. What would replace it? Who is going to deliver the mail and how much is it going to cost to mail a letter? Taxpayer dollars would ultimately end up funding it. The government would either have to basically give them the post offices or help fund building new hubs because there would be no way for a carrier to make a profit if they are investing billions to purchase land and build new hubs or have to expand their existing hubs to handle mail. More than likely the government would basically give them the post offices and then pay for the remodels. We would end up spending hundreds of billions if not more in taxpayer dollars just so we could pay $2 to mail a letter and you would still be complaining about the service. I am fine with the usps. Sometimes you just have to accept the fact that life isn't perfect and trying to make it perfect only makes it worse.

USPS NEVER loses junk mail PERIOD. If it looks valuable, odds go up dramatically. You have to ask why? But we know that answer. A lot of companies no longer put their company logos on the shipment just to protect them.

I agree with @JimFromTN, that getting rid of them is like jumping out of frying pan into fire. This issue is not the day to day delivery but the loss for valuable items is the issue. Even USPS acknowledges in NBC article.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/mail-theft-surging-u-s-postal-service-inspectors-don-t-n1241179

I added a mailbox electronic chime to few years ago that sends signal to house when mailbox is opened. One of the best improvements we ever did. It goes off with loud beeps in a multi beep 4 segment. Man it is loud. Nice confirmation when USPS is at mailbox for immediate follow up.

I may add video to confirm if package is actually delivered since I ROUTINELY get notice of delivery that NEVER happened. Most times shows up next day but the record shows delivered on time.

I signed up for USPS Informed Delivery that shows you what you are being delivered each day. If it doesn't show up, you can submit you did not receive that specific delivery which goes to USPS central. I highly recommend and easy to do with good return on use. I have gotten local PM's attention with it.

We NEVER had this problem years ago when we had one carrier 100% of time. Knew him, he made effort, trusted him, got rewarded at Christmas.

Those days are long gone.

Maybe? I ordered a 1000 to 1200 dollar scope, (a lot of money to me). Tracking showed it moving through for a few day's then delivered. I had no package on my porch. Where this very same had delivered many times before. My drive has a turn so you can not see the top of it. Neighbors at the top and with a parking lot for a business, then a dead end before the beginning of my drive. FedEx left it hanging on a tree branch, inside a plastic bag. Luckily my wife entering our drive saw a bag hanging on a branch. Thought it looked out of place and found it to be my package?! Crazy huh! Well it has happen 2 more times since that. Calling and trying to sort out a solution does not help. It seems to make things worse.
Geez… Maybe they were worried about flooding and thank the lord for strong branches and lightweight optics

I had a LRH Member ship me some bullets. Yesterday I received a TEXT that the package was delivered at my Mail Box. I walked out to the mail and saw a USPS Jeep coming down the road. I thought that there must be two delivery drivers today. When I got to the end ov my driveway the USPS driver (a new person) blew right past me. I looked in my mail box and it was empty. The new driver must have put my package in someone elses box down the road. I called USPS but you can only get the autometed service. Guess I'll never see those bullets unless people that got them brings them to me.
These peole that are hired for the USPS have no work ethic. Many a time I see mail boxes left open, mail on the road, packages damaged or not delivered. Sometime they don't even stop, just roll by the box, open it, throw the mail and not even close the box.
I try to do all my shipping through UPS, but a small Flat Rate package is easy to drop off at the local PO and six miles instead of eleven to the UPS Store.
Anything that is Goverment Run S**ks!
Government subsidizes the USPS. If it had to depend on paying customers only, things would be much different!

Government does not subsidize the USPS -WE TAX PAYERS DO!
Well at least a guy can go to the Post Office and still send a package across the country for a few bucks. F-22 Development $32 billion from taxpayers ,so far 1 busted balloon. They do go thru the cash nowadays.What can ya do?