USPS Did it AGAIN

We had the arctic blast roll through last Saturday afternoon followed by ice and snow Sunday and Monday. We went 4 days without receiving any mail except Amazon packages via USPS. When I called our local postmaster's office to inquire about the lack of mail delivery, I was very curtly informed by a rather smart mouthed young lady
(Not our postmaster) that the lack of mail delivery was due to the inclement weather and hazardous road conditions and all I needed to do was look out the window to see why it wasn't delivered. I informed her that my eyesight was perfectly fine but I just couldn't figure out why they didn't bring our mail with them when they dropped off our Amazon packages. Again with the attitude, she quickly informed me that they "have a contract" with Amazon and those packages have to be delivered. After ending that call, I placed another call to our US representative's office and spent another 15 minutes speaking with his assistant. She was very attentive and willing to help. I explained to her my confusion about the answer I received from the post office concerning the non delivery of our mail. It took a few tries before she finally understood what I was concerned about and was also disturbed by the answer I received from the post office. I went on to explain to her that we have elderly folks who receive their medications via USPS, a requirement by several supplemental insurance providers, especially for maintenance drugs. These folks were without medications for several days because it was too dangerous to deliver anything but Amazon packages??? She assured me that she would discuss my concerns with him and get back to me after they investigate the situation. Hopefully with it being an election year, someone will push the right button with one of our elected representatives who can actually get something done about the ridiculously poor service by the USPS.
GET RID OF GOVERMENT RUN AGENCIES AND DEPARTMENTS AND REPLACE WITH PRIVATE RUN THAT ARE ACCOUNTABLE AND CAN FIRE EMPLOYEES FOR BEING INCOMPETENT!
It is also getting so bad that Private companies can't fire someone for being incompetent.
There are some really very good people that work at the PO and they are the only ones keeping it running. Probably 60-70% are just collecting a paycheck. Look at the hiring practices of Government run facilities. There is still Affirmative Action going on where certain groups of people are hired above others, not for their competence or skills.

One thing that gets me is when looking at the tracking - the package leaves my PO in Social Circle, GA goes to Conyers, GA then to Atlanta, then to the final destination in TX, then back to Covington, GA distribution center, then back to a distribution center in TX and then to final destination.
I just had the same thing with a pistol I bought on gun broker

"There are some really very good people that work at the PO and they are the only ones keeping it running."

Len,
I couldn't agree with you more. If it wasn't for the good ones, we would never get any mail.
It's very disappointing to see the good folks getting pulled down by those who won't do their job and even more discouraging to see those in charge do absolutely nothing to correct the situation. Management often throws their hands up claiming "we can't touch them" when in reality they are just as lazy as those they are talking about and won't follow the procedures to get something done.

Len

I sent a package that I personally handed to a USPS employee on Jan 5. It never showed scanned for 15 days!! This evening it magically appeared in salt lake.

A word of caution for anyone sending stuff to the Houston area. They opened a new distribution center and it has completely FUBAR'd the Houston area mail. So bad the local news is doing stories and asking for people to submit their issues.

It is really bad here in the Houston area. I have two rifles in shipment that are "delayed". One was supposed to have been delivered 3 weeks ago. Even small packages and priority envelopes are taking forever to reach their destinations. Probably similar in other large metro areas that have a lot of volume. Seems system upgrades are partly to blame. Here is an article I found that explains some of the problems. I'm going to avoid USPS as much as possible.

One of the biggest issues is that at every level for every 1 or 2 people that are willing to work there are five or six that are perfectly content to sit back and watch the workers carry the load. Unfortunately that is a common problem in our work force today.
My wife has been an RN for 30 years. She is very good at what she does. She loves it. BUT, The nurses they try to hire today are a crap shoot at best. Many are lazy, they don't show up on time or at all, more are entitled (since they went to school they are exempt from wiping butts and doing the dirty work), and some can't keep their hands out of the narcotics locker or off of the cell phones.

I've had issues with usps damaging packages and then ignoring anything I sent in to their claim system (they opened the claim) but never acknowledged that I sent in what they requested to process the claim. Now when selling anything in the classified here buyers want to negotiate a deal. I put it out there up front that I won't be responsible for the package once it gets to usps and end up looking like a jacka$$. Oh well, easier to not make the deal than have to deal with usps.

It all comes down to the government tying to give everything away. So all the younger generation think everything is OWED to them.
There is three types of workers.
Workers that do everything and want to get ahead
non workers that other workers have to carry
the ones in the middle that just won't do anything and these are the ones in management. Afraid to fire anyone and can't hire replacements unless they are from another country.
Look at Health Care. Last time i had Spinal Cord Surgery in a top Hospital in Atlanta. 95% of the medical staff were from other countries and could barely speak English.
We do not have younger people with work Ethics!!!
I do not know where all the MAs. PAs. Nurses from the USA have gone, but not in our hospitals. everyone is from Iran, Parts of the old Soviet Union, and South America. The thing is that their treatment of patients here in the US are the same as they treated patients from where they came from in third world Countries.
I will not go to John's Creek Hospital in North Atlanta ever again even if I was in an ambulance dying. They scheduled me for (4) days when they cut my spine open in November 22. I forced myself to put the least amount of clothes on and shoes 6:00am and tried to leave. They caught me at the ground floor with one of their Walkers and tried to force me Back into the hospital. Luckily Jill and her Dad showed up and we were going to call the police to get me released. I talked to my Neurosurgeon from Iran and he said he was appalled with the treatment I told him. He we probably in on all of it but didn't want to get sued.

One thing that gets me is when looking at the tracking - the package leaves my PO in Social Circle, GA goes to Conyers, GA then to Atlanta, then to the final destination in TX, then back to Covington, GA distribution center, then back to a distribution center in TX and then to final destination.
Sounds just like XPO.
We had a very large tool (like 8 feet by 2 feet by 2 feet and ~1000#) spend 29 days on XPO. It never stalled out anywhere, just kept making the rounds seeing the country.
And that's a private company! How do they stay in business?

It all comes down to the government tying to give everything away. So all the younger generation think everything is OWED to them.
There is three types of workers.
Workers that do everything and want to get ahead
non workers that other workers have to carry
the ones in the middle that just won't do anything and these are the ones in management. Afraid to fire anyone and can't hire replacements unless they are from another country.
Look at Health Care. Last time i had Spinal Cord Surgery in a top Hospital in Atlanta. 95% of the medical staff were from other countries and could barely speak English.
We do not have younger people with work Ethics!!!
I do not know where all the MAs. PAs. Nurses from the USA have gone, but not in our hospitals. everyone is from Iran, Parts of the old Soviet Union, and South America. The thing is that their treatment of patients here in the US are the same as they treated patients from where they came from in third world Countries.
I will not go to John's Creek Hospital in North Atlanta ever again even if I was in an ambulance dying. They scheduled me for (4) days when they cut my spine open in November 22. I forced myself to put the least amount of clothes on and shoes 6:00am and tried to leave. They caught me at the ground floor with one of their Walkers and tried to force me Back into the hospital. Luckily Jill and her Dad showed up and we were going to call the police to get me released. I talked to my Neurosurgeon from Iran and he said he was appalled with the treatment I told him. He we probably in on all of it but didn't want to get sued.
I blame the older generation for raising the younger generation. I come from a small town where most people my age, 32, work their butts off and provide for their family. Don't be so quick to blame others for the mess that was handed to them.

Not your fault. I ordered my wife a Christmas gift on Black Friday that shipped out the following Monday. We just got it last week.

There are chronic problems, and acute problems.

Recently, with the snow in the midwest, it's an acute problem. FedEx tracking wasn't even working for a few days, they said due to weather. Not sure how that happens.

Recent Posts