USPS Messed up AGAIN

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
I had a LRH Member ship me some bullets. Yesterday I received a TEXT that the package was delivered at my Mail Box. I walked out to the mail and saw a USPS Jeep coming down the road. I thought that there must be two delivery drivers today. When I got to the end ov my driveway the USPS driver (a new person) blew right past me. I looked in my mail box and it was empty. The new driver must have put my package in someone elses box down the road. I called USPS but you can only get the autometed service. Guess I'll never see those bullets unless people that got them brings them to me.
These peole that are hired for the USPS have no work ethic. Many a time I see mail boxes left open, mail on the road, packages damaged or not delivered. Sometime they don't even stop, just roll by the box, open it, throw the mail and not even close the box.
I try to do all my shipping through UPS, but a small Flat Rate package is easy to drop off at the local PO and six miles instead of eleven to the UPS Store.
Anything that is Goverment Run S**ks!

I had a LRH Member ship me some bullets. Yesterday I received a TEXT that the package was delivered at my Mail Box. I walked out to the mail and saw a USPS Jeep coming down the road. I thought that there must be two delivery drivers today. When I got to the end ov my driveway the USPS driver (a new person) blew right past me. I looked in my mail box and it was empty. The new driver must have put my package in someone elses box down the road. I called USPS but you can only get the autometed service. Guess I'll never see those bullets unless people that got them brings them to me.
These peole that are hired for the USPS have no work ethic. Many a time I see mail boxes left open, mail on the road, packages damaged or not delivered. Sometime they don't even stop, just roll by the box, open it, throw the mail and not even close the box.
I try to do all my shipping through UPS, but a small Flat Rate package is easy to drop off at the local PO and six miles instead of eleven to the UPS Store.
Anything that is Goverment Run S**ks!
Often we complain when things go wrong but never compliment them when they do it right. I get 312 days of mail delivery rain or shine from the USPS and the percentage of them doing it right is 99.X. For that, I am grateful. FedEx and UPS messed up more than USPS per volume of deliveries in my household, but I also appreciate them.

I also work for the government, and I also appreciate them. The government has been very good to my family and me for the last 36 years. I am currently working on my second retirement from the government.

The contractors are paid by the box/delivery not by the route. We now regularly get mail deliveries as late as 8pm and on Sundays, not just packages or Amazon, but regular mail. We also get the mail of our neighbors in our box.

It's crazy why anyone would take a job that requires a 7 day a week work schedule or late hours daily.

It's crazy why anyone would take a job that requires a 7 day a week work schedule or late hours daily.
No question the continual and exponential poor work ethic and accountability of duty are on a exponential increase.

Just wondering why it is crazy when people take a job with above requirements. The delivery mess and no service contact is one of many.
I think those are the people who get more done per day than the majority of workers.

They drive what appears to be government vans, at least they do not have license plates on them.

The thing that torques me is the 50ft rule, as explained by our local postmaster, the driver is limited to 50ft from the mailbox for signature or oversized packages. Since our driveway is 1.1 miles, it could be 5000ft and I still wouldn't get it. I have to go to the post office now to pick up anything that doesn't fit inside the mailbox.

Combine that with the new oversize surcharges at 22" and 30" and I find it easier to ship either FedEx or UPS although some of their rules are idiotic, especially if you want insurance to pay off in the worst case scenario.

The whole USPS business model is flawed. They get no funding from the government, but Congress controls the rates they can charge so their hands are tied on their revenue, but not on costs. What other business do you know of where they have to provide a service, but may never see a cent from some customers? I.E., they have to deliver mail to people, who, in theory, may never buy a stamp or send a package. For business purposes, I have a P.O. Box for mail. Just paid to renew it. Cost was $190.00 for the year. Start charging everyone for mail delivery and they might be able to pay more and get better quality personnel. Right now, the starting carrier gets around $17/hr. which is not much more than a fast food worker and as mentioned above, the carrier has to be outside in all kinds of weather, it's a physical job and they don't typically get 2 consecutive days off. I've had my share of unhappy experiences with USPS lately as well.

USPS Between fiscal years 2007 and 2019, the Postal Service netted losses of approximately $78 billion — and that's despite receiving roughly $18 billion each year from American taxpayers.
USPS looses about 3% of mail/packages. POOF GONE!
  1. 2021- $9.7 billion loss (projected)
  2. 2020- $9.2 billion loss
  3. 2019 - $8.8 billion loss

I have been having more issues lately with FedEx then usps in my neck of the woods. UPS seems to be the most reliable in my experience.

USPS Between fiscal years 2007 and 2019, the Postal Service netted losses of approximately $78 billion — and that's despite receiving roughly $18 billion each year from American taxpayers.
USPS looses about 3% of mail/packages. POOF GONE!
  1. 2021- $9.7 billion loss (projected)
  2. 2020- $9.2 billion loss
  3. 2019 - $8.8 billion loss
I am not sure where you got your sources, but the USPS loses and gains like any other business is not as straightforward as you are presenting. Perhaps, this >>> https://usafacts.org/articles/whats-the-financial-situation-of-the-us-postal-service/ might shed some light. For instance, the agency owes $119 billion in retirement benefits (SOURCE: USAFACTS.ORG).

They also have nearly 600K employees in 2020 and expect to drop by 43K for 2020-2030 projections (SOURCE: Bureau of Labor Statistics - https://www.bls.gov/ooh/office-and-administrative-support/postal-service-workers.htm)

BTW, I am in no way defending the USPS. I appreciate the service I get from them.

Agreed! I would hate to see what kind of complaints people would come up with if they reduce their level of service to 3-4 times a week.
That would be fine if they got it right those 3-4 times a week. Some areas may be better than others, but our area leaves a lot to be desired.

Recent Posts