USPS At It Again!

Muddyboots

First, I want to give huge props to @huntinfool18 for packaging the contents the way he did. We traded some needed bullets with each other. He bagged the contents and sealed it then placed it in a box which is what I am going to do from now on. Great idea and worth sharing this idea from @huntinfool18!

So box shows up yesterday all opened up. Did USPS even try to reseal it? NOPE! Would the contents have disappeared? Yep! It was torn open on the other side as well. The bag kept the contents from spilling out or being removed.

So my recommendation to LRH folks is to do the old belt suspenders routine for mailing. Bag it and then box it!

IMG_4411.JPG

maybe it is just me but every item sent or received a package that used the flat rate boxes or flat rate envelopes has arrived on time and in good condition but any
other type of package has been late and damaged.
i purchased a barrel from @tgonza back in march he shipped in a pvc tube with pvc endcaps and it took over a month and they broke the pvc. the usps delivery guy gave it to me in two pieces the tube and the barrel, thanks to having the barrel well packed with taped threads or it would have been junk.
my thinking is if it dont fit in flat rate packaging find another shipper

I have had some good and some really bad shipping experiences! But, whenever I use the USPS shipping boxes, they have all gotten shipped without incident. Can't say the same for UPS as one box got torn open and spilled contents and even lost a part! They tell you there's insurance on them; but if you apply to get replacements, as I did, they will give you the biggest stack of papers to complete and they have no intention of having you complete them! That's after I went to the center to file a claim where they said no, I have to either call or go on line. I called, no good, go on line. That's where I found the ream of papers. Insurance was $100, the item was about $30. Forget it!
Also, both ways have been crazy about arrivals. Some late, late, one today a day early by USPS ! Unless I'm sending stuff that has to go UPS, I will use USPS and their boxes, packed well and sealed really good.

I use USPS exclusively. Never had a problem. During the height of COVID I had a shipment held up in Minnesota for a week, but arrived intact after the second week. The Priority boxes are a decent value. A UPS order a "ceramic piece" delivered three times broken, probably the poor packaging by shipper. Over packing items is definitely worth the effort.

I have had some good and some really bad shipping experiences! But, whenever I use the USPS shipping boxes, they have all gotten shipped without incident. Can't say the same for UPS as one box got torn open and spilled contents and even lost a part! They tell you there's insurance on them; but if you apply to get replacements, as I did, they will give you the biggest stack of papers to complete and they have no intention of having you complete them! That's after I went to the center to file a claim where they said no, I have to either call or go on line. I called, no good, go on line. That's where I found the ream of papers. Insurance was $100, the item was about $30. Forget it!
Also, both ways have been crazy about arrivals. Some late, late, one today a day early by USPS ! Unless I'm sending stuff that has to go UPS, I will use USPS and their boxes, packed well and sealed really good.
Sent 47lbs of ammo from VA to VT via UPS - $17.00. **** good value too!

Totally agree if in a flat rate sealed with extra strength tape never an issue. Its the plain boxes or tubes that get molested! I probably use 25' of tape to seal every box! Just don't understand why a box that is half shredded is ignored and not repaired. I place shipping labels on the contents and now will bag as well. Local PO told me forget overnight, they will not guarantee the delivery.

I don't know how you did that,JT. I sent a lighter package via UPS from Va. to OK. and it cost me a lot more ! I did go to the center, not a store.

I'm just glad the barrel arrived. I was starting to worry. I've always had faster deliveries with USPS and hadn't had any trouble until recently. I ordered one barrel from another site for my encore and when it was delivered all I got was an empty tube. Fortunately they found the barrel on the floor of the delivery truck. Just like some of the other comments, pack very well and use two or three times the tape that you would normally use. Spending money on tape is a lot cheaper then having something lost or broken or having to wait for an insurance claim to go through.

I don't know how you did that,JT. I sent a lighter package via UPS from Va. to OK. and it cost me a lot more ! I did go to the center, not a store.
I was shocked too! I was at a customer service center asked the lady why it was so cheap. She said well it's not going that far. My own packaging 10" x 12" x 8". Still shockingly cheap And deleared it is ammunition no surcharge.