Thoughts on remington 700 long range

Well I put my foot in my mouth. I'll admit it. I'll send you one of mine to prove I'm not entirely crazy.

I got 2 of the 5R's and think they are sweet But as noted you got to break them in right. But just save and get the Model 700 Magpul Enhanced. Yep sorry no 7mm but a 300 will trump it any day. And its already built. I got the 700 5-R Stainless Threaded Gen 2 in 300 and the first thing I did was take the stock off and put on the Magpul with the bottom metal. Contact Yeti forearms on gunbroker even shipped it was less then Remington's list. If I could have found it around here

Ya I feel like a complete idiot. I just hope theres no issues returning it and getting my browning back. I've already been in contact with them and they said bring it back for them to look at.

Where are all the big green lovers now? Talk about how great Remington is, guy buys one and it's garbage. And now all you want to talk about is the price of a smith? Remington has been a joke for a long time now and it obviously isn't getting any better.

OMG,
Does that suck, I thought for sure you'd get a shooter and I'd feel like a moron for suggesting a different rifle.
If u like the b&c m40 stock check out a sako a7 range. Has the Identical stock, they make them in 7rm. I have one in 6.5 and it's awesome.

Where are all the big green lovers now? Talk about how great Remington is, guy buys one and it's garbage. And now all you want to talk about is the price of a smith? Remington has been a joke for a long time now and it obviously isn't getting any better.

I mean I'm right here never left. Still feel bad for the OP.

OMG,
Does that suck, I thought for sure you'd get a shooter and I'd feel like a moron for suggesting a different rifle.
If u like the b&c m40 stock check out a sako a7 range. Has the Identical stock, they make them in 7rm. I have one in 6.5 and it's awesome.
It's my own fault. I thought I was saving myself some time and money for a build. I'm just returning it and saving my pennies for something worth while. This will be be my first and last Remington. What a joke.

They are a good value IF you go in liking the stock and expecting to replace the barrel and trigger. Sometimes you get a winner sometimes not so much.

They are a good value IF you go in liking the stock and expecting to replace the barrel and trigger. Sometimes you get a winner sometimes not so much.
Stock is nothing to write home about. Like I said I'll hopefully get my old gun back and forget this never happened. I'll save my pennies for what I really want and not settle for 2nd best or in this case the worst.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.