Remington Long Range 5R... Have I lost my mind?

Hahhha. Yeah well I'm a sucker for hard cases!!!!
Happy to help buddy!!!!
Nice shooting
Something must be wrong with it, I took it out for a bit today and it shot better even with me behind it.

wildrose-albums-wr-pictures-picture31-img-8687.html

I'm starting to feel like a complete bulletin board ****** because for some reason it seems I've lost my "manage attachments" tab and the pictures aren't working even when I created an album under my profile.

wildrose-albums-wr-pictures-picture32-img-8689.html

This one is just an attempt to show the M70 .300 Rum to see if I can get any pictures to upload.

This is as close as I get to doing the "social media" thing.

I have stuck with Android and try to keep up with a new one every couple of years as well and while this one has a good camera by the time I got everything set up to shoot with the good "camera" I was running out of time when I discovered the dead batteries. The Cannon takes great pictures when it does have battery power however and I'll try and be sure to take it.

Your 5R's are the "mil spec" stainless models aren't they?

Email yourself. Attach picture from Gallery. From you email at home, drag the photo attachment onto your Desktop and attaching pictures becomes the same as normal.

Email yourself. Attach picture from Gallery. From you email at home, drag the photo attachment onto your Desktop and attaching pictures becomes the same as normal.
I'm not sure if it's my computer or something else but I have no ability to upload pictures now for some reason either directly or indirectly.

Here are the pics from rose. Please read his explanation of what u r looking at. I just see a pretty gun!!

Attachments

• IMG_7669.jpg
    IMG_7669.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_7668.jpg
    IMG_7668.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_7667.jpg
    IMG_7667.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_7666.jpg
    IMG_7666.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 180
Here are the pics from rose. Please read his explanation of what u r looking at. I just see a pretty gun!!
Thanks for posting them Mario.

The picture on the bottom right with the round laying on the barrel was my attempt to show the fluting.

I've never seen this type of fluting before, it is very wide and deep. All I know is that it works and it looks pretty neat.

Nice! Got any pics of the groups?
I think Mario posted one of them several pages back.

Even with factory ammo (Prime Ammunition) it's shooting well enough that if I had a prairie dog town around here I'd be giving them hell with it. I don't shoot a lot of one hole groups but I am doing so with this rifle.

I think Mario posted one of them several pages back.

Even with factory ammo (Prime Ammunition) it's shooting well enough that if I had a prairie dog town around here I'd be giving them hell with it. I don't shoot a lot of one hole groups but I am doing so with this rifle.

Now that Hornady has a 130 ELD loading, do you think you'll try it?

Now that Hornady has a 130 ELD loading, do you think you'll try it?
Both of these rifles are really liking the 140gr bullets I've run though them and I already have 100 of the 143's along with a couple of hundred Swift Sirocco 130's and Remington Premier Accutip 140's so it will be a while before I get around to trying anything else I imagine.

As good as the Prime factory ammo is shooting in them I'll probably just keep shooting it until I have 200 rds of once fired brass for each of them to start loading.

I have 8lbs each of RL 17 and RL 26 along with several jugs of H1000 so once I get started I'll have plenty of options.

Wild Rose, Very nice looking 5R!!!!!!! My 3 5R's are all the first generation Stainless with Green & black HS Precision stocks. Yours looks very nice indeed!!!!!! All of mine are similar to yours, in the fact that I've installed Triad Tactical stock pads on all of them. I'm jealous, Great looking rifle!!!! Good luck with the 260 Remington cartridge. I really like that round, & I feel Remington has really let us down by not supporting it more!!! I am, tho very happy to see them introduce this new 5R version!!!!! Keep us posted on how it performs for you... Idaho-5R

Wild Rose, Very nice looking 5R!!!!!!! My 3 5R's are all the first generation Stainless with Green & black HS Precision stocks. Yours looks very nice indeed!!!!!! All of mine are similar to yours, in the fact that I've installed Triad Tactical stock pads on all of them. I'm jealous, Great looking rifle!!!! Good luck with the 260 Remington cartridge. I really like that round, & I feel Remington has really let us down by not supporting it more!!! I am, tho very happy to see them introduce this new 5R version!!!!! Keep us posted on how it performs for you... Idaho-5R
Thanks. I too am very disappointed in Remington's lack of support. It's a great cartridge, they invented it and the whole reason I jumped on it early (I have an AR in .260) was the fact I "knew" there would always be a good supply of factory ammo and brass available since Remington developed it.

The 6.5 CM however came along about the same time and people started winning matches with it and the 6.5x47 Lapua and they pretty well then took the bigger chunk of the market and continue to dominate the 6.5 market here in the US.

Truth be told none of them are really much of an improvement over the 6.5 Swede other than the fact they all work better in semi and full auto actions. Ballistically there's so little difference in the CM the Remington and the Swede the latter two are just unnecessarily redundant.

At this point of all the Remingtons I own my favorites are this Gen II 5R and my VSSFII in .220 swift.

All I had to do with either of them is work on the trigger a bit and bed them to get them both shooting extremely well even with factory ammo.

This one is accurate enough and fun enough to shoot it would really be a lot of fun to get out on a prairie dog town and see just how far I could stretch it out and still get consistent hits. That may have to move to the "to do list" before very long.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts