Remington 700 Long Range 7mm Remington Magnum issues I

Old work hardened brass. Wow I wish I would have thought of that. But my lack of the basic understanding and operations of a bolt action rifle and my extream hatred of remington in general would not allow that. Perhaps you could send your workhardened brass to Feenix and he shoot it in his savage. ha ha ha. Happy to here your problem is solved lrriflemansnj good luck.

Sure I'll gladly take them. A WW brass that is hardened and have lost its elasticity is NOT the same as a WW headstamp quality issue or it being a belted cartridge as the culprit is not the same.

Perhaps you can start sharing your bad *** gun works, esp. your $25K gunstock classic build. Also, please tell us when were you accepted into the Guild. I know that I'm not alone in wanting to know this prestigious honor.

Sounds like you have the run (pun intended) of the same diarrhea noted above. :rolleyes:

Belted cartridges has been around for 100+ years and they continue manufacture them because there are many happy end users.
On my 300 Weatherby I headspace on the shoulder. No more separations. I ignore the belt. I only neck size and use Redding competition shell holders. No more brass problems.

Truthfully I think most "hunters" are happy if they can spend $300 on a gun and hit a car door at 100 yards. That's the way it is in CA at a public range anyways. It's a little funny and a little scary at the same time.
Hell my FAL can do that and it is not noted for being a tack driver.

I shoot off home made sandbags or bipods, I don't own a leadsled or any accuracy enhancing devices. I think it's funny you think other people who shoot groups like that need external help... You are wrong. But your attitude shows your ignorance, whether you like it, or not.
Found out decades ago that electric fences do not make good rifle rests. Yes I did it by accident once.

I'm curious as to why not?

I see no real differences in that vs hand-lapping a barrel before break-in... Which makes break-in virtually non-existant. I've had my smith hand-lap 6 factory barrels for me, and break-in took less than 20 shots, and cleanup is super easy. Hand-lapping the bores is what gets all the tooling marks out from the boring and rifling processes. Rifling process, hand-lapping, and air-gauging your tolerances is what separates an aftermarket barrel from a factory barrel.
Great stuff IMO

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts