7mm remington magnum

Since we are on the subject of 7mm. I have found 6mm on up to 338 bullets but almost 0 7mm bullets my thoughts is because it's just that popular. Any thoughts?
I think they are playing the market.6.5's have dominated the market for a while and started a new trend.I'm seeing more bullets in the high B.C. heavy for caliber bullets,but very few regular hunting bullets that have been popular for years especially in the 7mm and 30 cal.Since the 6.8 Western came out,I'm seeing a lot of heavy weight 270 bullets becoming available.The market is catering to the new cartridges and not the old standards.I have noticed that too the 7mm's have been kinda left in the dark lately.I guess to push the new stuff,you gotta leave out the older stuff to reduce the comparison and competition.That's just the way it is.It's hard to beat a 7mag with a good 160gr bullet for most hunting situations.It's a hard hitter and a flat shooter.This load works for me.
7mag load 160 ab r26.jpg

In these times you will have to check all the different sites … I saw Hornady on Midsouth … I've also seen 7mm showing up in some of the local shops as well as powder and primers here and there …. Think of it as an Easter egg hunt

The only thing better IMO is the cartridge that preceded it and the cartridge it should have been but was turned down, the original 7MM Mashburn Super Magnum. Just think after all these years it can still hang with just about any big 7, has a cool name, has everything. Hmmm I do have a set of old RCBS dies somewhere that haven't been used forever. Maybe I need to build one.

Anyone looking for 7mm nosler accubond will be happy to hear that they will be going into production in approximately a month or so. Go to the Nosler website and find the 160 ab and click on notify me. It'll be a couple months but you'll be set.

The only thing better IMO is the cartridge that preceded it and the cartridge it should have been but was turned down, the original 7MM Mashburn Super Magnum. Just think after all these years it can still hang with just about any big 7, has a cool name, has everything. Hmmm I do have a set of old RCBS dies somewhere that haven't been used forever. Maybe I need to build

The only thing better IMO is the cartridge that preceded it and the cartridge it should have been but was turned down, the original 7MM Mashburn Super Magnum. Just think after all these years it can still hang with just about any big 7, has a cool name, has everything. Hmmm I do have a set of old RCBS dies somewhere that haven't been used forever. Maybe I need to build one.
Hi Orange Dust, could you please pm me, as l am not sure how to do it.
Regards
Turtle566.

I've been using the 7mm rem mag since they were first introduced back in the 60's... I've owned quite a few of them as well as many other cartridges since, most have been 700's but currently I'm using a Browning A-bolt. I've always found this cartridge to be an awesome game dropper, just about perfect for anything that's walking around North America. I've used only 2 bullets, the 140 or 160 grain Nosler Partition sitting on a stiff load of H-4350 in more than 5 decades. From plains game to mountain side beasts and have never had a single problem with anything hit with those bullets, a great cartridge, right at the top of "if you only had one, list"...it will serve you well for the long haul..

7mm offers some of the most efficient bullet designs ever created. They are outstanding from a terminal performance perspective. Once upon a time I shot a ton of 375, 338, and .30 cal. These days, my big guns stop at 7mm. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

7mmLRM is a fantastic cartridge, with poor brass. If I were building something in that class of 7mm magnum today, I'd build a 7-300PRC.

The huge variety of 7mm bullets ensures you can have whatever performance you want, for nearly any big game job.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

7mm Win Mag has been my primary Big Game rifle for over 20 years. Mostly I use 160 AB's. It has never failed me! I shoot other calibers too, but the great 7 Mag is still "King" of my many hunting rifles! I would grieve without it!